Author Topic: River Mersey Murders at sea c 1900  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Alwin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
River Mersey Murders at sea c 1900
« on: Sunday 17 October 04 22:23 BST (UK) »
Can anybody help with a source for getting access to reports on murders at sea that covers the Mersey estuary c1900-c1905. I am trying to follow up on a 'story' that Alfred Thomas Winning  was murded while on board a ship on the River Mersey at the turn of the century. There is no recorded death certificate for Alfred Thomas in the GRO and he was not included in the 1901 Census although he was shown on the earlier ones.

His last child was born in 1901 but he was never seen again.
Alwin
Researching WINNING Family Worldwide - All events and Biography. Special Interest English counties of Glous, Wilts, Lancs, Surrey, MiddX, Hants, Berks, Oxford.

Offline floridagirl

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: River Mersey Murders at sea c 1900
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 October 04 22:20 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Try contacting Liverpool record office on 0151 233 5817 or e-mail them at

RecOffice.central.library@Liverpool.gov.uk

Good luck!
Viv.
 :)
Norris, O'Donnell, McGuinness, Evans, Hendry, Thomas, Perry, Duxbury, Hudson, Guest, Robinson, Shewan, Fullam, Williams, Henderson, Gaffney, Brookes, Bird, Bruffell, Baron, Hase, Jones, Tomkins

Offline Alwin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 October 04 12:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks Viv,
I will give your suggestion a try.
Alan (Alwin)
Researching WINNING Family Worldwide - All events and Biography. Special Interest English counties of Glous, Wilts, Lancs, Surrey, MiddX, Hants, Berks, Oxford.

Offline floridagirl

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 October 04 16:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Alan,
I don't know why the Rec Office bit doesn't turn red along with the rest of the e-mail address, make sure you type the whole thing or your messages will just come back undelivered.
Viv.
 ::)
Norris, O'Donnell, McGuinness, Evans, Hendry, Thomas, Perry, Duxbury, Hudson, Guest, Robinson, Shewan, Fullam, Williams, Henderson, Gaffney, Brookes, Bird, Bruffell, Baron, Hase, Jones, Tomkins