Author Topic: LETITIA WARING, from Waringstown.  (Read 21886 times)

Offline Green-family

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: LETITIA WARING, from Waringstown.
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 08 July 09 23:12 BST (UK) »
I've just started to research my family tree and happen to come across this site. I'm hoping that MRGREEN can help me make some connections. Thanks again, i really appreciate your help and very pleased you got back to me so quickly. Matt

Offline MRGREEN

• RootsChat Extra
  • From the WILLIAM GREEN & LETITIA WARING line.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 09 July 09 18:16 BST (UK) »
I  have seen various GREEN family records relating to DONEGAL, where the GREEN name does occur.  None of them ever seemed to be connected to my own particular family tree though.
GREEN. Waringstown, Corcreeny, Magherana, Magheralin, Aghalee, Aghagallon, Crumlin, Seagoe, Lurgan, (Northern Ireland).

WARING. Waringstown House, Co. Down (Northern Ireland).

GREEN. Toowoomba, Maryborough, Gladstone, Pittsworth, Aubigny, Kilcoy, Toowong, Brisbane, Buddina (Queensland, Australia).

GREEN. (New South Wales, Northern Territory, & Western Australia).

Offline Green-family

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 09 July 09 18:33 BST (UK) »
The family story is that we came from Newtown. This could be Newtown Cunningham or maybe Newtownabbey or any other Newtown for that matter.

Offline MRGREEN

• RootsChat Extra
  • From the WILLIAM GREEN & LETITIA WARING line.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 09 July 09 19:30 BST (UK) »
I have been doing some more historical research on LETITIA WARING and WILLIAM GREEN who are somehow related to the Rev. HOLT WARING.   

The Rev. HOLT WARING was a GRAND CHAPLAIN of THE ORANGE ORDER.   I now have ORANGE LODGE records from the P.R.O.N.I. to confirm this.

The Rev. HOLT WARING, Colonel THOMAS WARING MP, WILLIAM GREEN, and GEORGE GREEN were in the same ORANGE LODGE at WARINGSTOWN.
GREEN. Waringstown, Corcreeny, Magherana, Magheralin, Aghalee, Aghagallon, Crumlin, Seagoe, Lurgan, (Northern Ireland).

WARING. Waringstown House, Co. Down (Northern Ireland).

GREEN. Toowoomba, Maryborough, Gladstone, Pittsworth, Aubigny, Kilcoy, Toowong, Brisbane, Buddina (Queensland, Australia).

GREEN. (New South Wales, Northern Territory, & Western Australia).

Offline Green-family

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 10 July 09 13:09 BST (UK) »
what dates are the Rev. HOLT WARING, Colonel THOMAS WARING MP, WILLIAM GREEN, and GEORGE GREEN in the ORANGE LODGE...?

Offline Roane

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 10 August 09 23:59 BST (UK) »
Mr. Green: I am descended from the Waring family which settled in Essex County, Virginia, in the mid-1660s. Some think that this crowd came from the Waringstown area by way of Lancashire. I am very interested in pursuing the origins of the family, and would be very grateful for any help you might lend in this regard. If you know of any male Waring descendants of the Waringsown Warings, perhaps they may be willing to compare DNA results. Thanks, Roane Waring, Memphis, Tennessee

Offline gallipolianzac

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 15 December 10 11:30 GMT (UK) »
I've come into this thread a little late but I'm trying to establish the members of the Waring family in 1900. Holt Waringl I'm aware of but what about Esther? Were there anymore Waring children? I believe one of the Waring sisters married Barrie Combe. If anyone has a simple family tree I could see I'd be very grateful.

Jerry Murland
Co.Down: Murland
Sussex: Goode, Watts, Poole
Northamptonshire: Murland
East Yorkshire: Royle

Offline hoelodge

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 04 April 11 11:47 BST (UK) »
At a recent car book i picked up a copy print of an old painting and information written on the back stating it was a(old) photograph of a painting of  Mary WARING by Romney. also mentioned are Rev. Jackson Close, Major John Close, Capt. charles Charles Close, Frank Close Dean of Carlisle, Richard and Sidney Davies, ansd Letitia Lewis. Cathy

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 04 April 11 13:23 BST (UK) »
Jerry,
       12 Mar 1906 Samuel Barbour Combe married Mary Theresa Waring in Waringstown Church of Ireland, Lurgan.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim