Author Topic: LETITIA WARING, from Waringstown.  (Read 21900 times)

Offline MRGREEN

• RootsChat Extra
  • From the WILLIAM GREEN & LETITIA WARING line.
    • View Profile
Re: LETITIA WARING, from Waringstown.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 14 May 06 20:43 BST (UK) »
Sadly, Jim, you are greatly misinformed.   I am certainly not "demanding to know" anything, but simply hoping that a fellow rootschat researcher might possibly know who LETITIA WARING'S PARENTS might be.   

I have been in direct contact with members of the WARING family. 

A large 60 page WARING family tree list has already been shown to me by a living member of the WARING family, and we have discussed LETITIA. 

However, the WARING family branch that I have contacted, and myself have no records regarding the PARENTS of LETITIA WARING at present.   They do recognise that some other later members of the WARING family were directly named after LETITIA WARING.

I have visited Waringstown Church and was shown the WARING family burial plot there, by the lady 'churchwarden'.

I have already visited the Linenhall Library (23 years ago, to be precise) as they have an extremely well written GREEN family history chart in their possession.   However, LETITIA WARING is not mentioned in it.   

I have been to the P.R.O.N.I. many times.  As yet, LETITIA WARING'S PARENTS have not yet been found.  We just know those other details about her life.

We are simply trying to find LETITIA'S PARENT'S names.

This has proved very difficult as most of my family now live in Queensland.   

Many thanks to those other rootschat researchers who have been most kind and helpful. 
GREEN. Waringstown, Corcreeny, Magherana, Magheralin, Aghalee, Aghagallon, Crumlin, Seagoe, Lurgan, (Northern Ireland).

WARING. Waringstown House, Co. Down (Northern Ireland).

GREEN. Toowoomba, Maryborough, Gladstone, Pittsworth, Aubigny, Kilcoy, Toowong, Brisbane, Buddina (Queensland, Australia).

GREEN. (New South Wales, Northern Territory, & Western Australia).

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 14 May 06 22:09 BST (UK) »
Mr Green, I apologise I had got tired trying to find a way forward for you. I was the unhappy junior librarian  back in about 1961/2 who produced the rushed index for the Blackwood collection in the Linen hall Library out of hours, with some governors and more senior members  borrowing the volumes before I could allocated them numbers etc. or indeed even before I had seen the books atall. The higher the volume number the more likely I never got indexing it properly. To explain that after all these years is not easy. Take the volume numbers I quoted 27, 29N,  43T, 72 Maxwell, 90, 92.  To me now, none have page numbers which normally should mean most of the book is about that family. T means I had spotted the tree had been rewritten and transferred by Mr Blackwood. But in which direction to a higher or lower volume number never became clear. N means there are extra notes of value rather than just a tree.  So please accept my apology and ask the library to make a final search of the 6 volumes mentioned. Good luck, Jim
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline MRGREEN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 15 May 06 01:12 BST (UK) »
OK, Jim, no problems then.

I am a direct descendant of LETITIA WARING'S first son and have spent many years of 'hobby' research trying to find her parents names.

I was in BRISBANE, BUDDINA, and TOOWOOMBA (QUEENSLAND) in January 2006 and discussed LETITIA WARING'S parents with other GREEN family members at some major family reunions.  They all have not yet found LETITIA'S parents names.  Some have spent up to 25 years
of family history research.

I sat down in SYDNEY (NSW) in late January 2006 and discussed William Green and also LETITIA WARING'S parents with a family member there who has a well documented extensive family history on file.  He is a very senior Banker and on the Australian Economic Development Council.  He has visited Northern Ireland 3 times.

We all have not yet found any of LETITIA WARING'S parent's names.   Maybe someone might have a lead on this.

The Rev. Holt Waring seems a strong possibility it now seems.

GREEN. Waringstown, Corcreeny, Magherana, Magheralin, Aghalee, Aghagallon, Crumlin, Seagoe, Lurgan, (Northern Ireland).

GREEN. Toowoomba, Maryborough, Gladstone, Pittsworth, Aubigny, Kilcoy, Toowong, Brisbane, Buddina (Queensland, Australia).

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 15 May 06 09:46 BST (UK) »
Mr Green. Yes the Holt Waring line seems important.  I looked a little more, as a last effort to offer help, and started to run into speculation quickly, just on her first names, could she have another first name in front of her given name eg like familysearch.com  Frances Letitia Waring   b abt 1812 of Carlandstown, , Meath, Ireland. I came across several spelling of Letitia, eg Betitia, Lettice, Letta, Lettie etc but nothing relevant to Waring. I did come across variant spellings of Waring, such as Warring, Wearing and Warren. The last exists in the area.

Your reference Letitia Waring m William Green 1802."Both of this Parish by License". Waringstown area. Has anything further turned up about this carefully worded source. Waringstown area is Donaghcloney Parish. Could records exist at a different local church in the parish than expected in the area?

Ros Davie's website has the entry  for William WARING . Donaghcloney b. 1619 in Toome, Co Antrim after his family had come from Lancashire; he purchased the land where Waringstown is now from Capt. Baret in 1659 and commenced the linen industry; father of Samuel; contact mike[--at--]harnett.demon.co.uk MS WAG p 31; Waring Papers S1162 & purchase contract; PNNI V6 p81. Has anyone asked this contact if he has come across her.?

The Holt Waring senior with his wife Anne French appears to have a large family I wondered if the daughter Mary Waring  b abt 1779 could have been Letitia?   I don’t know if the senior Holt Waring was a clergyman being posted around the countryside and wondered if his location is known about in 1780 give a year or two.
I wondered if she was a cousin from where? who stayed in the district. Even could she have even been a widow Waring remarrying.?

How about more book sources
Atkinson, E. D., Edward Dupré An Ulster parish : being a history of Donaghcloney (Waringstown)  1898 Source Linenhall
Clendinning, Kieran A general study of Waringstown 1970 printed in Lurgan. Source Linenhall
Rankin, Kathleen The linen houses of the Lagan Valley : the story of their families . Notes Includes brief histories of several families who owned linen works in the Lagan Valley in County Antrim and County Down, Ireland. Includes photographs of their mansions, family portraits and some family trees.  Bibliography; p. 209-211 Includes index.  Includes the Barbour, Bell, Charley, Clarke, Coulson, Ewart, Gordon, Graham, Henning, Hunter, Jardine, Liddell, McCance, McMurray, Malcolmson, Maxwell, Mulholland, Pim, Richrdson, Russell, Sinton, Somerset, Stewart, Waring, Williamson and Wolfenden families. Source LDS Library Catalogue

Finally being Ireland I did wonder if a change of religion effected her records being kept in the same place as the rest of the family. The Waring’s in Ireland appear to be Cof I, and a strong line of Quakers. I don’t know if there was a catholic community in the area.

I stop and wish you the luck you need for an intriguing query, and glad you found the Green record, Jim

Moderator Comment: e-mail edited, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please replace [AT] with @
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline MRGREEN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 15 May 06 11:49 BST (UK) »
A member of the WARING family has just told me that there is a later Letitia Yvery WARING who married Cyril Saxon, approx. 1903/5, (Ref 107. vii.).

I am also told that her sister, Mona, married James Douglas Green. (Ref 106 vi).

A member of the WARING family reckons that Letitia Yvery WARING is probably named after the LETITIA WARING born 1780, died 1852, that I am looking for.   

There are many WARING (and WARREN) records in that parish,
and I have been trying to document some of them.

Offline MRGREEN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 15 September 06 09:21 BST (UK) »
I have recently seen a record for a SAMUEL WARING.   He appears in the WARINGSTOWN area and the dates would fit.   I am trying to investigate if he might be LETITIA WARING'S father.   It is not yet certain though.

Offline Green-family

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 26 June 09 01:40 BST (UK) »
have you got any further on this?
My gg grandfather was William Green and his wife Ellen who lived in Inch Island co Donegal around 1865. (pension records in belfast, 1851 census).

Offline Green-family

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 08 July 09 18:18 BST (UK) »
if anyone reading this knows how to contect MRGREEN, please give my email address to him so that he may contact me. 

Matthew Green

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 08 July 09 18:52 BST (UK) »
Mr Green hasn't been online for a while but Ive sent a PM (personal message) saying you are trying to make contact and it's now a matter of waiting for a reply.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!