Author Topic: Hasler/Hazler/Heasler Essex  (Read 4270 times)

Offline Darby Digger

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hasler/Hazler/Heasler Essex
« on: Sunday 07 May 06 14:50 BST (UK) »
I am currently researching the Hasler Name in Essex and setting up a comprehensive database of all the information that I have gathered.

I have over 1500 names and need to link them together to form a composite tree.

My current Hasler tree with descendants has over 700 confirmed entries.

Any information on the Hasler name would be appreciated especially prior to 1770.
Grove Essex
Hasler Essex
Chalk Essex
Joyce Essex

Offline teddy24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hasler/Hazler/Heasler Essex
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 November 13 05:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am also researching Hasler in Essex (there's a lot of them!). I have a Martha Jane Hasler b1831 and her brother James b1821 they are on 1861 census visiting Stock family at North End, Great Waltham. Martha and James' parents seem to be William and Susannah as per 1851 census and they also had another daughter Anna b1840 . I note that another researcher has in their tree info, that William's parents were George b.1739 died 1821 and Martha Gurder 1745-1817. William and family were dressmaker/tailors according to both census info. I'm trying to find the connection between James Stock's mother Mary who married a Hasler, after her husband (also James Stocks) died but I don't have his first name.
I did find a Mary Stock who married a John Heasler at Great Waltham 1806, but hard to know if it is my relative or not.
Hope this is of some use/interest to you.

Offline Darby Digger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 November 13 08:55 GMT (UK) »
John Heasler who married Mary Stock had 2 children - Mary Ann born 1807 and Henry born 1810. John Heasler was previously married to Mary Lardom in 1791. At present I have been unable to locate a burial for the first Mary.
The parents of George are Joseph b. 1712 and Hannah.

Hope this helps.
Grove Essex
Hasler Essex
Chalk Essex
Joyce Essex

Offline teddy24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 November 13 11:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that information.., it is quite useful.I will let you know if I come up with anything for Mary Lardom in my researching as well... I've been trying to find where Mary and John were living because Mary still owned the farm at North End and that's where she passed away at the ripe old age of 98, referred to though as Mary Stock widow of the late James Stock. I know she was referred to as Mary Hasler though in 1827 because she petitioned for her son Joseph Stock to be acquitted (he was transported to VDL) and it's on the papers.
cheers,
Denise

Offline Darby Digger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 26 February 23 12:31 GMT (UK) »
I have John Heasler marriage to Mary Lardom as 29 Sep 1791 at Great Waltham and his marriage to Mary Stock as 17 Oct 1806 also at Great Waltham. It would appear that Mary was born Bowles.
Norman
Grove Essex
Hasler Essex
Chalk Essex
Joyce Essex

Offline teddy24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 26 February 23 23:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the message, I am satisfied that John's marriage to Mary Bowles is the one I'm dealing with for my ancestor. My research also leads me to believe that Mary married for the 3rd time after John died so my earlier post about her living at North End to age 98 is not the same Mary Stock/Heasler/Gage.