Author Topic: COYLE  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Dano

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
COYLE
« on: Monday 08 May 06 05:32 BST (UK) »
Posting on the off chance someone may be able to help.  I have always avoided researching Ireland as I have no clue where to begin.

Looking for information on a marriage possibly in Cootehill of  Patrick Coyle (farmer) to Bessie/ Eliza ****Ston*. 

Child of the marriage Mary Coyle b abt 1823 in Cootehill came to Australia in 1842.  Her immigration papers list Patrick Coyle (farmer) as a widower.

Mary's  death cert lists her mother as Bessie but she named her 1st daughter Eliza.

I found this 1821 census but I think there is too larg a gap from the last child listed aged 7 for it to be her family.

Townland of Crosserlough Rockes
(Last word not very clear, spelling may be incorrect)
Parish of Crosserlough
Barony of Castlerahan
County of Cavan

House Number 16
Patrick Coyle - Age 46 - Farmer
Eliza Coyle - His Wife - Age 40 - Flax Spinner
Edward Coyle - His Son - Age 15 - Labourer
Eliza Coyle - His Daughter - Age 12 - Flax Spinner
Peter Coyle - His Son - Age 10
Jane Coyle - His Daughter - Age 9
Patrick Coyle - His Son - Age 7

Mary was a domestic servant who could neither read or write and was Roman Catholic.

Any clues any assistance greattly appreciated

Dano

Stirlingshire, Scotland - Aitken, Waddell, Wilson, Rae, Dunlop, Liddell, McLuckie. Laird
Carmarthen, Wales - Lewis
Carvan, Ireland - Coyle
N.S.W. Australia - Lewis, Morris

Offline JackC

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Hugh Coyle
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 June 06 14:24 BST (UK) »
Hugh Coyle, born Jun. 12, 1768 in Augusta Co., VA, USA is said to be the son of one Timothy CAUL of either Ireland or Scotland.

Nothing more is known of Hugh's ancestors.

I have Hugh's descendant information from marriage in 1791 in Mississippi, USA to latest generation.  Glad to share with anyone.

JackC
Coffee, Coffey, Coyle, Blunt, Braley, Bishop, Mills