Author Topic: Any help with ROBBINS BLYTHE HODGKINS HARRATT TOVEY ?!  (Read 1278 times)

Offline nicola robbins

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Any help with ROBBINS BLYTHE HODGKINS HARRATT TOVEY ?!
« on: Monday 08 May 06 19:05 BST (UK) »
 ::)

Hello,

I am trying to find anyone who can help with information on Robbins's - i have traced back to the 1800's and they appear to be based around Wolston/Rugby/Ryton/Stretton areas.

I have hit a wall with Hodgkins - in particular i am looking for information to help me with Hodgkins from Nuneaton or Binley/Rugby.

I am also loking for Blythe in similar areas.

Also the surnames Tovey (posibly from Gloucestershire) and Harratt.

Any help much appreciated!

Offline Nessie

• I am sorry my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Any help with ROBBINS BLYTHE HODGKINS HARRATT TOVEY ?!
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 May 06 19:10 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat :) :) :)
Can you be a bit more specific about the information you are seeking? Is it the census information you want or BMDs?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 May 06 19:36 BST (UK) »
The other thing you need to do is enter and check your surnames in the surname interests table.

Use the "your surname interests" link at the foot of every page.  I suggest that you enter your names first and then use the "show all with my surnames" button to check them.
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nicola robbins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 08 May 06 19:39 BST (UK) »
 ::) Well, i have traced the name Robbins back to the mid 1800's in the Rugby area so i thought perhaps that someone may eventually read this who themselves has Robbins from Rugby in their tree. I seem to be related to all Stretton on dunsmore/Wolston Robbins's!

As for Hodgkins, specifically i am searching any relations to Thomas reginald Hodgkins (b.1903 in Nuneaton) and his siblings were George, Harry, Stanley and Iris Ruby Hodgkins (b.1916). There may be more siblings. Thomas (known as Reg) played football professionally for Hinckley and Stoke City. One brother played tennis professionally but i do not know which one. i do not know their parents and i only know Iris's offspring (she married Lewis henry Robbins from Wolston).  I cannot find Iris's birth either, although i found her marriage. I would love to find out any info on Hodgkins from Nuneaton area - i believe they were linked to the coal industry and lived in Binley (Thomas and George are buried there).

As for Blythe, Harratt and Tovey - Tovey married into Blythe and Harratt, so any info on a link between these names in Warwickshire/Gloucestershire would be beneficial.

Any info is greatly appreciated, thankyou so much  :-*

Offline nicola robbins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 May 06 19:49 BST (UK) »
The other thing you need to do is enter and check your surnames in the surname interests table.

Use the "your surname interests" link at the foot of every page.  I suggest that you enter your names first and then use the "show all with my surnames" button to check them.

Thankyou very much for your help, i have done the points you suggested. Now here's hoping someone can help - as i've run out of search options, especially for Hodgkins as i can't find out names back to the census - and that makes it harder to trace  ???

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 08 May 06 20:58 BST (UK) »
On your Hodgkins the next step would seem to be to purchase Thomas Reginalds birth certificate.

GRO reference Jun 1903 Nuneaton 6d 509

This would give you his parents names including his mother's maiden name.  A quick look on Freebmd seems to give the following possibly relevant Nuneaton births.

Nellie Mar 1902??
Harry Dec 1904
Violet Sep 1906 ??
Stanley Victor Sep 1907
Percy Jun 1908 ????????
George Ernest Sep 1908

regards
David
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nicola robbins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 08 May 06 21:03 BST (UK) »
 ;D Thankyou for your ideas/searches/suggestions, i am going to get a copy of Thomas Reginalds certificate as you mentioned.....

I had heard a rumour they were travellers/gypsies, and sure enough i find something on this site that refers to Hodgkins as gypsies, so you never know!

Many thanks, fingers crossed x