Author Topic: Thomas Evans Jones Llanfihangel Rhs y Corn  (Read 2072 times)

Offline MEN

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Thomas Evans Jones Llanfihangel Rhs y Corn
« on: Tuesday 09 May 06 21:12 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,
I am trying to research the family of David Thomas, whom I believe to be my G.Grandfather. He was born about 1831 L.Rhos y Corn to John Thomas and Rachel Jones ( Rachel born approx. 1793 at Llanllwyni). In 1841 David was living with his mother Rachel, sister Elizabeth and step father Henry Evans at Pantrhyg Farm,Llanfihangel Rhos y Corn.
In 1851 they are all at the farm except Elizabeth.
In 1861 David is living at Cerbynau Farm Llanegwad with wife Margaret nee Jones and their two daughters Mary and Rachel ( both of whom were born at L Rhos y Corn)
David later married my G.Grandmother Mary Morgans ( Llettywynde farm,Llanybydder) and continued to farm at Cerbynau Farm, Llanegwad. They had two children Sarah and Elizabeth born about 1862 and 1865. By the 1871 census Mary has remarried ( Stephen Roberts)
I have searched endlessly but have been unable to find the marriage of Mary Morgans and David Thomas. Neither have I been able to find the birth of Sarah. I do have Elizabeth's birth and marriage certificates though.  David's father John Thomas appeared on his marriage certificate i.e. David Thomas and Margaret Jones - David's first marriage.
Also does anyone know whether or not it was customory for a person to be buried in the parish in which they were born?
Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am not local to Carmarthen and Roots web people have been so helpful in the past.
MEN