Author Topic: 1841 census- Resolis  (Read 4046 times)

Offline cmcmull

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
1841 census- Resolis
« on: Wednesday 10 May 06 00:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Does anyone have census records for 1841 for Resolis area? I am looking for Camerons.
Regards
Carmel
McMullen NSW & NZ, Brewster, Freestone Cambs, Carlyon, Jolliffe and Leverton Cornwall, Sutton, Ellis Lincs, Soles Gls., Boyce Tyrone, Leckey Co Down, Cuthell London & Stirlingshire Scotland, Cubitt London Sussex and Norfolk, Vale NSW, Wenham Cambs,Goodfellow Wiltshire, Shaw Derbys. & Notts., Whitlock Norfolk, Fort Lancs., Cameron Inverness, Fraser Stratherrick, Scotland, Reedy Ennis Co Clare, Murphy, Brennan, McAuliffe Newmarket, Co Cork, Doherty, Reynolds M'town Malbay, Ennistymon  Clare

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census- Resolis
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 May 06 09:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Carmel

You can try FreeCen at http://freecen.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl. It has 44% coverage to date of the 1841 Census for R & C (on-going project). You might be fortunate and find what you are looking for.

Alternatively, the full 1841 census in now available on-line on the pay to view site Scotlands People at http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

Regards.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cmcmull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 May 06 09:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks Monica
I tried the Free Cen site and they aren't there yet and I don't have a credit card yet so can't use the other one.

Regards
Carmel
McMullen NSW & NZ, Brewster, Freestone Cambs, Carlyon, Jolliffe and Leverton Cornwall, Sutton, Ellis Lincs, Soles Gls., Boyce Tyrone, Leckey Co Down, Cuthell London & Stirlingshire Scotland, Cubitt London Sussex and Norfolk, Vale NSW, Wenham Cambs,Goodfellow Wiltshire, Shaw Derbys. & Notts., Whitlock Norfolk, Fort Lancs., Cameron Inverness, Fraser Stratherrick, Scotland, Reedy Ennis Co Clare, Murphy, Brennan, McAuliffe Newmarket, Co Cork, Doherty, Reynolds M'town Malbay, Ennistymon  Clare

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 11 May 06 21:37 BST (UK) »
Carmel

You might want to try this site. It's an index of names of the 1851 census and includes Resolis. It won't give you the family group as a household but is simply a list of names/ages/parish.

www.highlandfhs.org.uk/HFHSCensusIndexSearchSurnameIx.asp

Regards.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cmcmull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 12 May 06 00:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks Monica
The index will be a great help  :)

Best Wishes
Carmel

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 05 November 06 02:56 GMT (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline cmcmull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 05 November 06 12:13 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for this.  I hope I will find my family amongst this lot.
Best Wishes
Carmel