Author Topic: I am a "Genealaddict"?  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: I am a "Genealaddict"?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 12 May 06 22:46 BST (UK) »
Not sure if this is the right board but had to share.

Took my mum to a funeral today. Not a close family member but the husband of my Aunt's sister in law (He was married to my Aunt's husband's sister).

Anyway, we are sitting in the church listening to the reverend talk about him and each were given a small order of service booklet with his dates of birth & death on. My immediate thought on receiving this was "must put it away as it could be an offshoot to one of my tree branches".

If that wasn't bad enough, I suddenly find myself quietly rummaging in my bag for a pen. "Why?" you might ask - because the Rev had just told us all when this couple married and I wanted to make a note of it before I forgot. Again, just to add to my possible tree branch in the future.

Luckily, no-one else saw me and mum was very understanding.

Am I now a true GenealAddict and do I need professional help??

Nadine

You have just described me perfectly :D

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline dwalin

• RootsChat Veteran
  • looking into the past.lets you see the future
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 12 May 06 23:09 BST (UK) »
seems normal to me. :o
i mean you never know when the information/dates names/
may fit in. ::)
lol
dwalin
harris , penrose,jose.davison.layton.leighton.summerson.bennet.clasper.wallett.cadwallader.johnson.jobling.bell (cook?)      />craig.stokoe.marshall.chalmers.white.bainbridge.waite.trevena.trenwith.polkinghorn.dixon.jopling.powell.ivey.greenhow
lloyd

Offline pipkim

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 13 May 06 09:28 BST (UK) »
Hey, perhaps every funeral should have a Genealogist present.  ;D

With hindsight, I wish I knew I was going to be interested in my ancestors when my father died. I was young and life was for the living, but had I known that I would loose any information about his family and their history when he went, I would have interviewed each and every mourner.  ;D

Nadine, at least their not forgotten.

Pipkim  :)
Cheshire - Shustoke, Atherstone, Nuneaton, Birmingham
Morgan - Liverpool, Burnley, Leicester, Birmingham (Morjeanstern - France, Liverpool, Burnley, Leicester)
Quinn/Quin - Ireland, Liverpool, Leicester, Birmingham
Bailey/Health/Andrews - Birmingham, (Stepney briefly), Smethwick, Bristol
Thomas/Keen - Oxfordshire, Westminster
Hooker - Odiham, Romsey, IofW, Basingstoke, London St Geo Sq

Census information is Crown Copyright, from National Archives