Author Topic: Complete-Dighton/Deighton Gypsy Family  (Read 50358 times)

Offline hulk360119

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dighton/Deighton Gypsy Family
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 26 July 15 23:06 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Griggsgal :)
irret  if you want dighton on here can you tell me who your granny and grandad was and your great grandad and great granny was  as my great great great grandad was james dighton  and my great great great granny was Eliza lee  my great great grandad was Andrew  dighton my great  great granny was ellen my  great grandad was Andrew dighton and my great granny was caroline smith  and my granfather was henry dighton my  granny was abbey bird my grandad henry had 6 brothers called levi william andrew  isiah samson johnny  had 3 sister Eliza Caroline Emily  so please get in touch if you want to know more x

Offline hulk360119

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Complete-Dighton/Deighton Gypsy Family
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 26 July 15 23:10 BST (UK) »
Would anybody have the Dightons/Deighton family in their tree living/ born Plumstead/ Belvedere area they are/were gypsies living in caravans gypsy tents and in the open air on the common Tinkers/Fortune Teller/ Hawkers any help would be greatly appreciated!  ::) ;D 8)
irret my family live all over even erith..... abbeywood ....plumstead ...st mary cray ...ect x

Offline hulk360119

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 26 July 15 23:20 BST (UK) »
Hi

is that footcray sidcup . would love to chat more ans see the photo I want to know why he was a best man washe just a good friend or was there anotherconnection somewhere as thw williams line is proving very hard can you email me direct . I think you can send a personnelmessage somehow I will try
well i have 2 william dighton in my family tree one is my grt grt grt granfather james dighton  son william  and one is the son of my grt granfather andrew dighton  son william this william is my grandad henry dighton  brother

Offline hulk360119

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Completpsy Familye-Dighton/Deighton Gy
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 26 July 15 23:33 BST (UK) »
Any Redworth`s  out there . My great grandfather Joseph Redworth married a Kate Boswell.
If there are please send, I would be most grateful.  Other Family names include:::
Boswell-Johnson-Lee-Smith-Scamp-Dighton-Fuller-Napier-etc thanks for your help.
E-mail (*)
Keith and Jo Redworth
hi keith and jo  how are you  kate boswell  was  the the daughter of my grt grt aunt justinia  dighton who married levi boswell justinia was born in 1824 they had levi kate emily john.... kate married joseph redworth they had  7 kids according to records get back if you want to know there kids names

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline hulk360119

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 26 July 15 23:35 BST (UK) »
Hiya Im a dighton and i got family leving on beverder my dad name ambose dighton and his mum harriet dighton she had kid with David Copper

Im Releted 2 The Rutfood Smiths Lee Hilden Scamp and loads more email mail me bck

cooper was my dad name  not copper

Offline hulk360119

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 26 July 15 23:47 BST (UK) »
That is brilliant  :) :D ;D thank you so much , no I didn't have it. The one I am really after is their son Levi born about 1907 ish should you come across it I would be eternally grateful.  ::
the levi dighton i know was the brother to my granfather henry dighton 2 sons of andrew dighton and caroline smith my granfather henry dighton also had 5 0ther bothers and 3 sisters 

Offline hulk360119

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 26 July 15 23:52 BST (UK) »
Just searched 1906-1908 Holy Trinity Milton for Levi Dightons birth / no joy but quite pleased with myself. :) All down to you.
[/quote
levi was born in 1909 i have done a lot of my family and still fitting in parts what are missing if you got any certificates i would like them  i am on facebook as gypsy Levi dighton look me up x

Offline xrystal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Friday 20 November 15 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I've been tracing my Gypsy branches and have Deighton/Dighton/Ditton gypsies married into my Shoesmith family.   So far I only had an Essex link with some London areas for Shoesmith but will have to check the areas all your ones were in just in case my one was there too, although none of you mentioned her.

Here is my ancestral line ( from my gt grandmother ):
Frances Amelia Wright b1898 Epping -m- Frederick John Swanborough ( non gypsy )
Elizabeth Shoesmith b1873 Loughton -m- Joseph Wright ( Tinker )
Amelia Deighton b 1852 Braintree -- Isaiah Shoesmith b1849 Chigwell ( Chair Caner )
James Shoesmith b1819 Harrow -m- Ann Odell b1819 Hitchin ( Tinman )
Abraham Shoesmith b1791 Harrow --- Herodias (Tinman)
John Shoesmith --- Mary

I haven't been successful in finding a birth or marriage for Amelia.  However I did see a Mazalea Ditton born in Cressing 1851 daughter of Silence Ditton b1826 White Colne.  Silence and Solomon ( a sibling of this Mazalea ) are names used by the shoesmith family.  I have adopted her for the moment but would like to find clarification.

If someone can confirm if and where they have seen this Mazalea elsewhere or if and where they have seen an Amelia.

Thanks in advance

Offline Claire Conboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday 27 March 18 21:10 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone

I just wanted to say hi. I'm looking at my Carey line (paternal grandmother) and one of her aunts Richelda married a Dighton I believe.

I also have other Deightons in my tree but would need to look to find the links.

Does anyone remember any Carey's around Belvedere and Sidcup areas?

Kind regards

Claire