Author Topic: Julia C Aaronson - how can she disappear? HELP!  (Read 2076 times)

Offline northern_rose

• RootsChat Veteran
  • At least one of my ancestors was glamorous!
    • View Profile
Julia C Aaronson - how can she disappear? HELP!
« on: Saturday 13 May 06 22:07 BST (UK) »
Just discovered the my hubby's grt grt grandmother was not Scottish as we thought!

She was Julia Coleman Aaronson born ?between 1851-4. Location of birth not known for sure - ?Newcastle.

I have found her marriage in Manchester in 1871. I have her on the 1871 census (which states place of brith as Newcastle on Tyne) with her aunt and uncle in Manchester (James and Mary Lowe). I have her in 1881 in Scotland on the census.

I have what I believe to be her parents and siblings on the 1861 census (just states born England for them all) but she isn't there!

I can't find her before the 1871 census - can anyone help?
Wilson in the Lancaster area
Clegg in Todmorden
Adamson in Edinburgh
Miller in Edinburgh
Nunn in Norfolk and Co Durham
Smith in Glasgow
Haig in Peebles/Edinburgh
Also Nelson, Gardener, Garnett, Blair, Coleman, Aaronson and many more as the branches expand!

Census info is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cal241

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • does my butt look big in this?
    • View Profile
Re: Julia C Aaronson - how can she disappear? HELP!
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 May 06 22:41 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have found her birth (I think)

Julia Aaronson Dec quarter 1853 Newcastle T
10b 29

At least you can send off for her birth cert now

Cal
UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk                Bigg-Sheppey/West Ham<br />Dodd - Cheshire <br />Ingram - Dorset, London, Morlaix, Australia, California<br />Kerfoot - Warrington, Pemberton, St Asaph<br />McKinneley - N Ireland, Liverpool <br />Marshall - Midlothian, Cheshire<br />Morrish-Chelsea<br />Shiel - Melrose<br />Woodhall- Liverpool, Shropshire/Staffordshire<br />Dagliesh- Melrose<br />Stevenson - Melrose<br />Smith & Jones! Scotland & Wales

Offline northern_rose

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 May 06 22:48 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Cal!

I just don't understand where is she in 1861???
Clegg in Todmorden
Adamson in Edinburgh
Miller in Edinburgh
Smith in Glasgow
Also Nelson, Gardener, Garnett, Blair, Coleman, Aaronson and many more as the branches expand!

Offline Cal241

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • does my butt look big in this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 May 06 22:58 BST (UK) »
I will have another look but I am not hopeful .... but you never know???
Some of our ancestors do not want to be found do they!! I have that with mine they let me know just enough and then disappear  ;D
UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk                Bigg-Sheppey/West Ham<br />Dodd - Cheshire <br />Ingram - Dorset, London, Morlaix, Australia, California<br />Kerfoot - Warrington, Pemberton, St Asaph<br />McKinneley - N Ireland, Liverpool <br />Marshall - Midlothian, Cheshire<br />Morrish-Chelsea<br />Shiel - Melrose<br />Woodhall- Liverpool, Shropshire/Staffordshire<br />Dagliesh- Melrose<br />Stevenson - Melrose<br />Smith & Jones! Scotland & Wales

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 14 May 06 02:23 BST (UK) »
In the April newsletter from 1837online.com there is a long list of missing pieces of the 1861 census with this statement:
There are a number of enumeration books missing, or parts of enumeration books (usually missing start or finish), from the 1861 census.
There follows a list of the books affected [mostly in Wales] that they  know of, both those missing in their entirety (M) and those which are incomplete (I) in the National Archives and they 'will add to the list as our members help us to identify others.'
As an example, this is the entry for Northumberland currently listed incomplete:
3855 Northumberland Castle Ward Stamfordham (2) Newburn: Black Callerton
Butterlaw
East & West Whorlton
Newbiggin
East & West Denton
Newburn Hall
Sugley
SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

Census information: Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline northern_rose

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 14 May 06 10:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks Deejay!

What a shame as I think she is turning out to be an interesting character - I have just been told by my mother in law that she is descended from the COleman (of Mustard fame) family - which I guess explains why her middle name is Coleman!!
Clegg in Todmorden
Adamson in Edinburgh
Miller in Edinburgh
Smith in Glasgow