Author Topic: Liverpool graves  (Read 3130 times)

Offline Sabu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Liverpool graves
« on: Tuesday 19 October 04 03:59 BST (UK) »
This is a plea for some kind person to find the graves of the following:
Maria Kerr
died 30 April 1892
last known address 31 Hayfield St, Everton
and
Alexander Kerr
died 26 April 1905
last known address 1 Towerlands St, Liverpool

I would be most grateful if someone can help. I live in New Zealand and have been trying for a couple of years to find a way of getting this information.
Kerr, Cannon, Antrobus, Clark, McLean, McInroy, Jackson, McLeod.
All in the Greenock area from 1790 on.

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
Re: Liverpool graves
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 October 04 02:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Sabu,

Welcome to RootsChat.  ;D

I am going to move this message into the Lancashire Board where it is more likely to be seen by someone with local knowledge.

I see you have already had a NBI lookup,  sorry that did not help.  In general there is no need to post the same question more than once on RootsChat as we try to make sure all messages are answered.

Good Luck.  ;D

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline eileenb

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 October 04 00:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Sabu
Have you tried e mailing Liverpool Record office.  Ask them if they can identify the nearest church yards/cemeteries for you. They are usually very helpful.
Hampshire -  Lewis & Mitchell & Hutchins
Lancs - Tattersall & Dillon
Wilts - Vockins, Chapman, Alexander
Fairground Travellers - Dillon Family

Offline floridagirl

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 October 04 03:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Sabu,
If you e-mail Liverpool Record Office they will do a free 15 minute search for you, they are very helpful. it might take them a few days to get back to you as theey're quite busy at the moment.
Here's the address. Good luck!!!!!!!!
RecOffice.central.library@Liverpool.gov.uk
Make sure you put the whole line in otherwise your messages will come back undelivered.
Viv.
The nearest cemeteries would be Anfield, Kirkdale, Everton and for the Towerlands Street are, it would probably be Toxteth Park or maybe even Allerton.
They weren't always buried in the closest cemetery to where they lived, it depended on whether there was already a family grave or whether there was enough money to bury the deceased or how much room was left in a certain cemetery.
Many of my ancestors were buried across the other side of the city to where they lived and quite often they were in paupers graves, sad, but it happened to alot of people.
See what you get back from them and let me know, and I'll see if I've got time to have a look over the next few weeks, I'm a bit busy with lookups at the moment.
You can also find out through Liverpool City Council who else is in the grave, so if there's no headstone it doesn't matter.
Viv.
 :)
Norris, O'Donnell, McGuinness, Evans, Hendry, Thomas, Perry, Duxbury, Hudson, Guest, Robinson, Shewan, Fullam, Williams, Henderson, Gaffney, Brookes, Bird, Bruffell, Baron, Hase, Jones, Tomkins

Offline slightlyfoxed

• RootsChat Senior
  • the Searcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 26 October 04 13:03 BST (UK) »
I looked at St James cemetary Liverpool which has and online database but found nothing
http://www.g0ifk.u-net.com/stjames.htm.
Might be worth another look. :)
Pomeroy in London & Liverpool , Pomery near Launceston Cornwall, Shearer of Thurso, Moore in Colchester and Hornblow in Braintree Essex, Machin in Hackney & Stafford & Cook in Herts, Campbell, Sutherland, Mackay, Brotchie, Gunn in Thurso Caithness. Cadle in South Africa.

researching the Pomeroy Family of Collaton in Newton Ferrers and St Columb in Cornwall

Offline slightlyfoxed

• RootsChat Senior
  • the Searcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 30 October 04 12:19 BST (UK) »
Pomeroy in London & Liverpool , Pomery near Launceston Cornwall, Shearer of Thurso, Moore in Colchester and Hornblow in Braintree Essex, Machin in Hackney & Stafford & Cook in Herts, Campbell, Sutherland, Mackay, Brotchie, Gunn in Thurso Caithness. Cadle in South Africa.

researching the Pomeroy Family of Collaton in Newton Ferrers and St Columb in Cornwall

Offline floridagirl

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 31 October 04 01:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anigran,
Thanks for your messages about Liverpool graves, I actually found one of the graves for Sabu (Maria Kerr) and I'm in the process of looking for the details of Alexanders.
Regards,
Viv. :)
Norris, O'Donnell, McGuinness, Evans, Hendry, Thomas, Perry, Duxbury, Hudson, Guest, Robinson, Shewan, Fullam, Williams, Henderson, Gaffney, Brookes, Bird, Bruffell, Baron, Hase, Jones, Tomkins

Offline Spotty

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 03 November 04 21:21 GMT (UK) »
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~toxtethparkcemetery/Database.html

Try trawling through these - I found one of mine by chance just by scrolling through them all. 
Gynane, Unsworth, Birch, Duncan.

Offline Jane Taubman

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 04 November 04 15:54 GMT (UK) »
If your ancestors are RC,  try contacting
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hibernia/

The lists are not on-line,  but an e-mail can be sent and details are returned,  all they ask for is a charitable donation.
Taubman, Mitchell, Purcell - Lancashire,
Couglan, Byrnre - Ireland
Mullins, Bowditch, Crabb, Record - Dorset