Author Topic: Help please  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Cato

• RootsChat Extra
  • My Dad..Royal Horse Artillery 1917
    • View Profile
Help please
« on: Sunday 14 May 06 13:01 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to find the marriage details of John Percival Gale b.1902 in New Tredegar.
He was the son of John And Mary Gale and the brother of Mary (1900), William (1906) and Alfred (1908).
I know he married a girl named 'Rose'. At least, she was known in our family as Aunty Rose. I know  they lived in Newport.
I've tried marriage searches from 1922 until 1950 but can't find it anywhere. There seem to be quarters missing from the Registry pages so perhaps that might account for it.

Can anyone help please?
The Barnes tribe of Holkham and Wells

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 May 06 09:10 BST (UK) »
Another approach might be to look for the birth of a child to this couple, if you know the name of one!

Registrations of births after Sept 1911 gave the mother's maiden name, so this would enable you to search for the marriage using her name.

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Cato

• RootsChat Extra
  • My Dad..Royal Horse Artillery 1917
    • View Profile
Re: Help please
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 May 06 11:15 BST (UK) »
Another approach might be to look for the birth of a child to this couple, if you know the name of one!

Registrations of births after Sept 1911 gave the mother's maiden name, so this would enable you to search for the marriage using her name.

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Thanks for the suggestion, but they didn't have any children...aaargh
The Barnes tribe of Holkham and Wells