Author Topic: Birth/Baptism Ovenden, Halifax  (Read 932 times)

Offline Karen Shaw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Birth/Baptism Ovenden, Halifax
« on: Monday 15 May 06 21:07 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have the birth certificates for two of three brothers and am unable to find the third.

He was George Edmondson Sanders born 1871 in Ovenden, Halifax according to census information.

I cannot find his birth entry on the actual BMD index (Been to look at local FHS) or online.

Does anyone have access to Ovenden parish Records who could check to see if he is there?  He married Grace Cundall in 1898 in Halifax and died in 1927 in Halifax.

The other two brothers, both born in Bethnal Green, Middlesex have certificates which show their Mother's Maiden name as Susan Boswall and  Susan Leach respectively.  I am pretty sure she is the same Susan!  It would be good to find this third brothers birth to see what the mother's maiden name is!

Thanks in advance
Karen :)

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Birth/Baptism Ovenden, Halifax
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 May 06 14:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Sorry haven't found George's birth, but if it helps to narrow it down a little, he was 4 months old on the 1871 census (taken 2nd April) so would have been born Nov-Dec 1870
Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK