Author Topic: MacAulay(mcaulay) MacLeod  (Read 2678 times)

Offline kcloscar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
MacAulay(mcaulay) MacLeod
« on: Tuesday 16 May 06 07:45 BST (UK) »
Oh I hope someone can help.......Here is what i have:
Malcolm McAulay married Cathrine McLeod, listed on Janet Matheson (nee McAulay) death cert in 1906 - R&C-Uig.  NOW the question of the day.  I can not find her birth anywhere.  I have found 10 children from MacAulay/McLeod marriage, but no one named Janet nor Margaret.  Is there anyone out there in Ross and Cromarty land that knows whom I am speaking of?  Just need to confirm her birth, Janet McAulay......Janet married John Matheson in 1854
I hope someone can help me.  I have search'd on Scotlands People, family seach, cant seem to locate.  Any helpful hints???
I sure appreciate it!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: MacAulay(mcaulay) MacLeod
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 June 06 11:36 BST (UK) »
Hi I've also been looking. The nearest that I can find to her age at death (77) would be the baptism of a Henny MacAulay, 1st November 1829 to the correct parents. She does not seem to appear on the 1841 census. Henny is usually short for henrietta and there is no one of that name either.
If they were anything like my ancestors/relatives, the names might well change.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline kcloscar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 June 06 19:45 BST (UK) »
So do you think its safe enough to use "henny".........or maybe I will get on S/P and request the birth cert......just to see what it really says.  thanks for looking!
K

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 16 June 06 20:32 BST (UK) »
They don't have a birth certificate as such for 1829 - full registration didn't come in until 1855 but the info will probably be on the IGI or SP.
I got it from SP. PM me if you like.

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***