Author Topic: Elizabeth Haughey b 1877,  (Read 2103 times)

Offline englebert

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Haughey b 1877,
« on: Tuesday 16 May 06 21:04 BST (UK) »
 Looking for relatives of Elizabeth Haughey, a daughter of Mary McConville and John Haughey originally from Bambridge, Newry. Northern Ireland.  She was one of 5 children, being the youngest born in 1877. I believe that her father had a farm in Ireland and later became a landlord when the family moved to Liverpool. Her cousin John McConville was educated in Ampleforth College. He was later Rector of a college in Oxford. Elizabeth was particularly close to her cousin Maud Haughey.
Elizabeth went on to marry John Donnelly at Our Ladys Eldon Street on the 22.7.1900. Out of her many children my mother Jane was the youngest born in 1916.
There is also an American connection, these cousins visited Elizabeth after the 2nd World War and sent parcels of food and clothing during the war and into 1950s. One of them received a Purple Heart.
Any info greatly appreciated.
Regards Eileen.

Offline NS1664

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Haughey b 1877,
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 December 07 23:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eileen

I have a number of Donnelly's in my family tree who lived at Hornby Street Liverpool, and the family used Our Lady Church, Eldon Street (my grandparents Amelia Donnelly and Patrick Guatella were married there in 1945). 

I don't yet have a John Donnelly in my tree, but my great grandfather Stephen Donnelly (1896 - 1945) lived at Hornby Street, Liverpool.  He had at least three siblings Joseph(b1893) , William (1882), and Mary (1878), but may well have had more.  His parents were James Donnelly (a merchant seaman) from Wicklow Ireland and Ellen Moore (b1861)

I wonder if we might have a connection?

Best regards
Neil

Offline Bee_One

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Haughey b 1877,
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 August 09 00:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Neil
Have you progressed with the Donnelly's of Hornby Street Liverpool since your posting in Dec 2007?

Catherine (Kitty) Donnelly & Gerard Blake. 
Kitty's parents were Elizabeth Haughey & John Donnelly.
They were married as listed by Eileen above at Our Lady's, Eldon Street, 22 July 1900

I'd love to hear from you
B1