Author Topic: 1891 census lookup fo George Henry Stoneadge  (Read 1528 times)

Offline jen1956

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 census lookup fo George Henry Stoneadge
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 14 January 24 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi - I realise your post was a long time ago, but I just came across it and am just curious about what you were searching for as Henry Stoneadge and Bessie were my great grandparents. Their daughter Frances was my grandmother.

Offline downside

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Make my day
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 14 January 24 19:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jen

I made contact with someone who supplied more information and photographs outside of Rootschat.

I think my contact tried to contact someone in New Alresford to obtain more information but they did not want to meet up or continue the conversation.  I did get to find out about George Henry and his future in Canada - which entailed 3 West sisters going out there as well but one got diabetes so they returned to New Alresford for a little while and she received treatment in Winchester hospital before her death and then George and Mary returned to Canada.

I know that Frances married married Harry Curtis in 1925 and she died in 1966 in New Alresford aged 78.  The had a son John Curtis in 1930.  Presumably you are descendant?
Sussex: Floate, West
Kent: Tuffee
Cheshire: Gradwell
Lancashire: Gradwell

UK Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jen1956

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 January 24 20:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for responding. Yes, I'm a descendant. John Curtis was my half uncle and I was lucky to meet him a few times before he died in 2018.