Author Topic: Lydia Holford  (Read 2433 times)

Offline Eveline Clarke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Lydia Holford
« on: Thursday 18 May 06 20:54 BST (UK) »
I hope that someone will be able to help me as I cannot find my 3x Great Grandmother Lydia Holford anywhere :( .

When I say anywhere I mean her birth.   I found her marriage to Samuel Woodward 21st September 1799 in Hanley Castle, Worcestershire.    The marriage certificate stated marriage by banns and her name was put as Haolford.    The witnesses being John Baylis and Ursula Paish.   Plus it said of this parish.

I have found a burial record at Hanley Castle which I think is hers - Lydia Woodward buried on 18th February 1845 aged 72.     This would have made her birth year 1773.

However, on the 1841 census she was listed as aged 60 which would have made her birth year as 1781 or thereabouts.   However, Samuel's age was put at 55 and he was christened in 1778 so he would have been about 63.  I know that 1841 was notorious for getting the ages wrong and that they were rounded down, but this is ridiculous. ???

I have searched the Hanley Castle and Upton records to no avail.   

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me in my search, or at least suggest where I might try next.

Eveline