Author Topic: WEBB in Monmouthshire  (Read 9693 times)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: WEBB in Monmouthshire
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 November 06 17:13 GMT (UK) »
I found it - it was Timotheus, but the names don't quite correspond.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=29100

You could try sending him a PM, as his seem to be a generation later, so could be your gt aunts/ uncles?

Also try listing your interests on the Surname Interest Table (link at the bottom of the page)

I will keep an eye open for your family & if you need any help, please ask.

;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline laurenfay

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 23 November 06 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Ok, thanks very much! Lauren
main=
HAMPSHIRE, WOFFENDEN AND VARIATIONS, GOULDING/GOLDING,GOLDEN, LUMB, PHILIPSON, NEWBY, RAYNER, HANCOCK(S), WEBB, JAIYNE/JAYNE/JANE, GREEN.
lesser =
HUDSON, ARMITAGE, GOODER, FOTHERGILL, AUDSLEY, WILSON, BENTLEY, NUSSEY/NURSEY, SHAW, ROWLEY, FISHER, LEE,
areas =
WAKEFIELD AND SURROUNDING AREA
DEWSBURY/THORNHILL/SITTLIGNTON ETC NOTTS/LINCS - EAST RETFORD,GAINSBRO
WALES - MONMOUTHSHRE,ESP BEDWELTY/TREDEGAR
GLOUCESTERSHIRE - WESTBURY ON SEVERN AREA
SOMERSET - WILLITON AREA

Offline woodturner

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 18 January 07 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello Arranroot
Webb is one of the names I am researching. My Grandparents came to Wales from the Berkerley area of Gloucester around 1890.They lived at various times in Blaina,Barry,Bedwas and eventually settled Llanbradoc. At least two of my grandfathers' brothers also came to work in Wales around the same time. I have them on the 1891 and 1901 census but would like to trace the families of George and Rebecca Webb and Daniel and Bessy Webb after this time.
Delyn (nee Webb)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 18 January 07 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Delyn

I donīt think there is a connection with my family, but there could well be if we went back far enough!  My own research had stalled in 1800 due to the lack of non-conformist records for Wotton under Edge.

Have you considered the WEBB One Name Study group?  It is very reasonable to join (about four pounds I believe) and they have lots of records of WEBBs which you would then have access to - just Google for an address.

Alternatively, if you are nearby you can try the various record offices and electoral registers should help.  Have a look at the Beginners board for research in the 20th century.

Sorry not to include the relevant URLs - writing to you in a bit of a rush - but will try to remember to check this when I get home again.

kind regards, Arranroots

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline woodturner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 19 January 07 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello Again
Thanks for your reply.
You may be interested to know that one on my Grandfather' sisters  lived in Wotton - under - Edge where some of her children were born. Her married name was Kent.
Best wishes
Delyn

Offline emmagrab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 06 September 13 08:02 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm not sure if you are still on here but I am the Emma that you referred to in your original post. I stopped looking for this information a while ago and just thought that I would put it in google one more time and came accross this post. Thank you for this information that I was never able to find. Hope to hear from you some time. Emma

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 06 September 13 18:51 BST (UK) »
Emma! How wonderful!

Never say die - it only took us seven years to get together! :D

I can't remember at the moment what your connection is with Gertrude, but if you want to post a couple of times more, you can send me your email address privately (the PM message system won't work until you have at least two posts to your name).

Thank you for getting in touch & I look forward to talking to you soon.

Kind regards, Arranroots :)

Offline emmagrab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 07 September 13 07:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Arranroots, yes it only took seven years. Gertrude is my Great Grandmother on my Mother's side. Her son Harold Morgan is my grandfather. Looking forward to further discoveries. Emma

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 07 September 13 18:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Emma - PM safely received!

A :)