Author Topic: St.Teilo on the Clase, - Parish Records?  (Read 4858 times)

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
St.Teilo on the Clase, - Parish Records?
« on: Saturday 20 May 06 22:15 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Does anyone on here know whether I can access the Parish Records for St. Teilo on the Clase Church, in the Parish of Llangyfelach, Treboeth, Swansea online?

Cheers, Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: St.Teilo on the Clase, - Parish Records?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 May 06 15:55 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
Does anyone on here know whether I can access the Parish Records for St. Teilo on the Clase Church, in the Parish of Llangyfelach, Treboeth, Swansea online?
Cheers, Romilly.

Failing that, - does anyone on here have access to the Parish Records for Llangyfelach please?

Cheers, Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Chasing-fireflies

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Genealogy is like Chasing fireflies....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 May 06 10:47 BST (UK) »
I just received a cd this morning for Glamorgan baptisms and it seems to cover the area you are looking for. Can i be of any help?
Karren
Previously - Badgirl
Thomas-Llangynwyd
Morgan-Garw / Sirhowy
Richards - Bettws
Philips - Rhondda
Pinn - London

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 May 06 13:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen,

Yes please!!!

I am looking for my Great Grandfather Evan Rees of Llangyfelach, born (approx) 1837. His father was also Evan Rees of Llangyfelach, born (approx) 1811.

The 1837 Evan Rees married Margaret, (also Rees:-) in 1860 something, & the 1811 one married an Ann. Both Evan Rees's were Coppermen. I would love to find them & possibly further back...(I found Evan Rees Senior on the 1841 Census for Wales).

When I was in Swansea last week, I visited St Teilo's Church, (Just up the road to Y Plas, Treboeth, built by my Grandfather William James Wilson) but it is under renovation at the moment, & the Parish Records could not be accessed:-(

Many thanks for your kind offer,
Best Wishes, Romilly.
Researching:

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 23 May 06 14:48 BST (UK) »
I have searched through every Evan Rees and none of them are the right date in the right area with a father Evan Rees. There are a few for Neath but none that fit. Sorry.
 ???
Previously - Badgirl
Thomas-Llangynwyd
Morgan-Garw / Sirhowy
Richards - Bettws
Philips - Rhondda
Pinn - London

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 23 May 06 15:30 BST (UK) »
Just an afterthought but are you sure of Evans fathers name? I was wondering if there was another parish close by that he could of been baptised in and if maybe his father could of been something else. If you can think of anything you want me to have another look at just let me know as i am stranded whilst my car is in the garage anyway! ;)
Previously - Badgirl
Thomas-Llangynwyd
Morgan-Garw / Sirhowy
Richards - Bettws
Philips - Rhondda
Pinn - London

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 23 May 06 15:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Again,

Just found your messages!

It has ocurred to me that maybe they didn't attend that Church...(It would seem to be the nearest one, but perhaps they were Chapel?).

I found my Grandmother, Margaret Rees, on the 1881 Census for Wales initially, with her parents Evan & Margaret, & then worked backwards from there.

Thanks so much for looking for me, - I will have to do a bit more digging:-(
Cheers, Romilly.
Researching:

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 23 May 06 17:28 BST (UK) »
Well i know that none of mine appear on this disc and i am wondering if maybe because they were methodist that this is why. Its seems very strange for people not to have been baptised as back then it was a huge deal to baptise a child. I am going to have to look into where else i can find records for methodist etc.
If you need any more help just let me know as this disc may as well be put to some use even if its not for myself!
Karren
 ;)
Previously - Badgirl
Thomas-Llangynwyd
Morgan-Garw / Sirhowy
Richards - Bettws
Philips - Rhondda
Pinn - London

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 23 May 06 17:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Karren,

What a shame you can't find your lot either!

When I was in St Teilo's Churchyard last week, I noticed a large Methodist Chapel on the other side of the road, but I couldn't see its name. I will try & attach the pic of it, & if anyone on here recognises it, perhaps they could let us know.

Romilly.
Researching: