Author Topic: Bevan Row, Port Tennant, Swansea  (Read 12180 times)

Offline maxim

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bevan Row, Port Tennant, Swansea
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 15 June 06 19:42 BST (UK) »
hello sheila,got the camera will take the photos for you friday evening,told my mate kevin who lives at number nine about you and your family and he is happy has larry for you,if you come to swansea theres a cup of bevens row tea waiting at number nine for you.the kettle is on sheila,in touch soon.
                               bye.

Offline maxim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 16 June 06 20:16 BST (UK) »
hi sheila.got a few photos for you,photos to big to send on rootschat is there an email address i can send to you.

john

Offline bernard_lewis

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 10 September 06 23:23 BST (UK) »
Bevans Row is next to the site of the now closed AWCO (Aluminium Wire Company.) Closed about 5 years ago approx. If you still need photos I could get them in a week or so.

Bernard
Author 'Swansea and the Workhouse - the Poor Law in 19th century Swansea' (2003); 'Swansea Pals - the 14th (Service) Battalion, the Welsh Regiment in the Great War' (2004); 'Foul Deeds and Suspicious Deaths Around Swansea''. (2009); 'Swansea in the Great War' ( 2014); 'Neath! Neath! Neath! The Record-Breaking 1988/89 Season' (2016). My blog: https://bernardlewisauthor.wordpress.com/

Offline sheiljoy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 10 September 06 23:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Bernard

Many thanks for that info and the offer of photo's. I do have photo's of Bevans Row now but you have given me another bit of info regarding AWCO it all adds up to my family history

Thank you for your time and response to my post it is much appreciated

Regards Sheila
These are the names I am researching and the further I delve the further apart the country is. Clarke, Fitt, Foulkes, French, Harris, Hobbs, Mckenna, Mottoul, Pugh, Scull, Smith, Spalding, Sprigg, Thomas, Wright. A right mixture here, England, Ireland, Wales & Belgium