Author Topic: Bevan Row, Port Tennant, Swansea  (Read 12182 times)

Offline maxim

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bevan Row, Port Tennant, Swansea
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 25 May 06 21:21 BST (UK) »
Romilly i can send you a photo of bevens row if you want,i vist a friend who lives at number nine.my family name is pridmore.

Offline sheiljoy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 25 May 06 22:14 BST (UK) »
Jay

Many thanks for that link I shall have a look

Regards Sheila
These are the names I am researching and the further I delve the further apart the country is. Clarke, Fitt, Foulkes, French, Harris, Hobbs, Mckenna, Mottoul, Pugh, Scull, Smith, Spalding, Sprigg, Thomas, Wright. A right mixture here, England, Ireland, Wales & Belgium

Offline sheiljoy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 25 May 06 22:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Maxim

Amazing, I am delighted that it is still standing. I know that they lived at No. 3 Bevans Row in the late 1890's and they had moved to either 4 or 5 by 1901 census can't remember off hand.

I would love a photo

Regards Sheila
These are the names I am researching and the further I delve the further apart the country is. Clarke, Fitt, Foulkes, French, Harris, Hobbs, Mckenna, Mottoul, Pugh, Scull, Smith, Spalding, Sprigg, Thomas, Wright. A right mixture here, England, Ireland, Wales & Belgium

Offline maxim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 27 May 06 14:33 BST (UK) »
Sheila i will sort some photos out for you in a day or two,i will ask my mum if she has any old photos of the row,glad i can help.john (alias maxim) ;)

Offline sheiljoy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 27 May 06 14:45 BST (UK) »
John

Fantastic, I am delighted thank you so much, they lived at number 3 in the 1891 census and number 4 in the 1901 census and there name was Mottoul. Not a Welsh name I know, my Gt. Grandfather was from Belgium and married a Welsh girl (Catherine Hobbs) in 1885. I wont bore you with the details anymore.

Sheila  ;D

Offline maxim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 27 May 06 15:00 BST (UK) »
sattilte view of bevans row.happy to be of help

Offline sheiljoy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 27 May 06 22:12 BST (UK) »
John

Many thanks for that, it looks as though it is quite busy around there now

Sheila

Offline maxim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 30 May 06 20:34 BST (UK) »
Sheila little bit of bad news numbers 1to4 have been demolished the row starts with number 5.im waiting to barrow a camera to send you some photos,is there any thing else i could help you with.
                            john

Offline sheiljoy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 01 June 06 23:16 BST (UK) »
Hi John

Sorry for the delay in replying, server has been down for 3 days, disaster!!!! I was really lost without it.

If you could get a photo for me of the row it would be great at least I shall have an idea what it was like.

Thank you so much for your time and effort on this

Sheila ;)