Author Topic: Marriage Look-up Brickwall  (Read 1290 times)

Offline DMC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Marriage Look-up Brickwall
« on: Monday 22 May 06 01:16 BST (UK) »
Looking for marriage of Rachel Price to David Davies. First child born 1873 Llanover Upper.
Rachel born 1859 Ebbw Vale.  David born 1838 Llanelly Breconshire.

1871 Census have Rachel and David with no children.  Thinking possibly married late 1860's to 1873?
Any help much appreciated.

Thanks Dianne
Jones, Davies, Harris, Price, Monmouthsire, Breconshire, Glamorgan.
Richards-Swansea,GLAM
Gadd-Jerusalem, TAS, Aus/Helensburgh, Aus

Offline c w

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Look-up Brickwall
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 May 06 10:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Dianne,

Do you have the birth certificate of one of the children? Is this how you know the maiden name to be Price?

I couldn't see a marriage, but wondered if the widow with the family in 1881 was Rachel's mother as her name is also Rachel - also Rachel's birth would be 1849 from that census.

Caroline :)
Chidgey (west Somerset)
Morgan(Radnorshire & Tredegar, Mon.)
Griffiths (Tredegar, Mon.)
Morgan (Monmouthshire)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DMC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Look-up Brickwall
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 May 06 02:05 BST (UK) »
Caroline,

I have my G.Grandmother, Amelia's birth certificate which has Rachel Davies formerly Price as mother. Amelia was born 1878 Blaenavon.  They were living Brooms Square Blaenavon Llanover Upper then. David Davies if stated as father.

I have a birth certificate of a Rachel Price born March 1850 at Ebbw Vale father William Price mother Ruth Rees.  This Rachel is with William Price and family of Morgans on 1861 Census.  I think that Jane Morgan is Rachel's sister.  I picked this up from 1841-1851 Census.

I have noticed on census and various certificates that the age can vary from one or two years, that is why I have taken the 1850 birth certificate as Rachels. This is why I am desperately seeking marriage between David & Rachel to see if I have the right family.

Regarding the Rachel William's on the 1881 Census, this is a different household.  Maybe a coincidence?  I'll check to see if a Rachel Williams married a David Davies.

I hope I haven't totally confused you.

Dianne

Jones, Davies, Harris, Price, Monmouthsire, Breconshire, Glamorgan.
Richards-Swansea,GLAM
Gadd-Jerusalem, TAS, Aus/Helensburgh, Aus