Author Topic: Ann Bennett - Avoca, Wicklow  (Read 12170 times)

Offline kxmyersc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ann Bennett - Avoca, Wicklow
« on: Tuesday 23 May 06 12:53 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace the origins of my Great Grandmother, Ann Bennett. The only information I have is that she was born c1855 in Avoca, Wicklow. Her fathers name was Thomas Bennett (from her marriage certificate). She married Michael Kavanagh in Whitehaven, England in 1875. I cannot find any reference to her on either the 1861 or 1871 English census. The only thing I can say is that she migrated to England between her birth (1855) and her marriage (1875).

Her husband Michael Kavanagh c1844, according to their marriage certificate was also from Wicklow.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Kevin

Offline dmd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Bennett - Avoca, Wicklow
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 August 07 07:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Kevin i have some information for you i dont know if it will help you in anyway with your research .I recieved a letter from a lady in Australia as i am researching Kavanagh to ask if we were related in her letter she states Micheal Kavanagh married Ann Bennet 3rd May 1875 at Cleator Cumberland both born Ireland their children Patrick b 1876,Mary b 1878,Thomas b 1880,William b 1883,Elizabeth b 1887,James b 1890,Sarah b 1895 Annie b 1897 all born in and around Cleator Cumberland.Also Annes brother was a James Bennet who married Catherine Robinson in Frizington Cumberland 17th July 1883 .James ,his wife and two of the children emigrated to Australia and settled in Queensland and went on to have 14 children .I will try and trace them for you .Hope this helps you .Happy searching DMD

Offline Cara

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my "profile" yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 April 09 03:02 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace the origins of my Great Grandmother, Ann Bennett. The only information I have is that she was born c1855 in Avoca, Wicklow. Her fathers name was Thomas Bennett (from her marriage certificate). She married Michael Kavanagh in Whitehaven, England in 1875. I cannot find any reference to her on either the 1861 or 1871 English census. The only thing I can say is that she migrated to England between her birth (1855) and her marriage (1875).

Her husband Michael Kavanagh c1844, according to their marriage certificate was also from Wicklow.

Regards
Kevin

I have two Thomas Bennett's

1- Thomas Married Catherine Cullen 10/5/1830 parish of Avoca witnessed by John Cullen and ? Bennet
2- Thomas Married Elizabeth Fitzsimmons  witnessed by Patrick Moore and Julia Bennet same parish as above on the 2/2/1852

I do have more information on Bennett family inWicklow but I dont have an Ann.

Cheers
Cara

Offline Cara

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my "profile" yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 April 09 08:20 BST (UK) »

I have found  the birth of Ann Benett daughter of Thomas
Descendants of Thomas Bennett

Generation No. 1

1. THOMAS1 BENNETT He married ELIZABETH FITZSIMMONS 02 Feb 1852 in Avoca Co Wicklow Ireland.

More About THOMAS BENNETT and ELIZABETH FITZSIMMONS:

Marriage: 02 Feb 1852, Avoca Co Wicklow Ireland

Witnessed by: Patrick Moore and Julia Bennet

Children of THOMAS BENNETT and ELIZABETH FITZSIMMONS are:

2. i. ANN2 BENNETT, b. 06 Nov 1856, Avoca Co Wicklow Ireland.

3. ii. JAMES THOMAS BENNETT, b. Avoca Co Wicklow Ireland.( I did not find this lads baptism if indeed he is Anns Brother but I did note that a James was born to a Paul Bennett in my files my baptisms taken from the original parish registers in Avoca Co Wicklow)

Generation No. 2
2. ANN2 BENNETT (THOMAS1) was born 06 Nov 1856 in Avoca Co Wicklow Ireland. She married MICHAEL KAVANAGH 03 May 1875 in Cleator Moor Cumberland England. He was born in Co Wicklow Ireland.
More About ANN BENNETT:

Sponsors 1 ~2: Thomas Murphy and Ann Dauton or Dalton

More About MICHAEL KAVANAGH and ANN BENNETT:

Marriage: 03 May 1875, Cleator Moor Cumberland England

Children of ANN BENNETT and MICHAEL KAVANAGH are:

i. PATRICK3 KAVANAGH, b. 1876, Cleator Moor Cumberland England.

ii. MARY KAVANAGH, b. 1878, Cleator Moor Cumberland England.

iii. THOMAS KAVANAGH, b. 1880, Cleator Moor Cumberland England.

iv. WILLIAM KAVANAGH, b. 1883, Cleator Moor Cumberland England.

v. ELIZABETH KAVANAGH, b. 1887, Cleator Moor Cumberland England.

vi. JAMES KAVANAGH, b. 1890, Cleator Moor Cumberland England.

vii. SARAH KAVANAGH, b. 1895, Cleator Moor Cumberland England.

viii. ANNIE KAVANAGH, b. 1897, Cleator Moor Cumberland England.

3. JAMES THOMAS2 BENNETT (THOMAS1) was born in Avoca Co Wicklow Ireland. He married CATHERINE ROBINSON 17 Jul 1883 in Frizington Cumberland England.

More About JAMES BENNETT and CATHERINE ROBINSON:

Marriage: 17 Jul 1883, Frizington Cumberland England

Children of JAMES BENNETT and CATHERINE ROBINSON are:

i. CHILD3 BENNETT, b. Cumberland England.

ii. CHILD BENNETT, b. Cumberland England.

iii. MARY ANN BENNETT, b. 21 Aug 1890, Queensland Australia.

iv. HANNORAH BENNETT, b. 18 Sep 1892, Queensland Australia.

v. CATHERINE BENNETT, b. 27 Oct 1894, Queensland Australia.

vi. ANNIE BENNETT, b. 04 Aug 1896, Queensland Australia.

vii. WILLIAM BENNETT, b. 10 Jun 1898, Queensland Australia.

viii. JANE BENNETT, b. 29 Jun 1900, Queensland Australia.

ix. EILEEN BRIDGET BENNETT, b. 19 Jul 1901, Queensland Australia.

x. ELLEN BENNETT, b. 22 Nov 1903, Queensland Australia.

xi. JAMES BENNETT, b. 21 Nov 1906, Queensland Australia.

xii. JOHN ROBINSON BENNETT, b. 13 Feb 1909, Queensland Australia.

xiii. JOSEPH EDWARD BENNETT, b. 14 Feb 1912, Queensland Australia.

Regards
Cara
Feel free to give me any corrections