Author Topic: hurtley bradford yorks  (Read 1864 times)

Offline FANDANGO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
hurtley bradford yorks
« on: Tuesday 23 May 06 21:00 BST (UK) »
joseph hurtley aged 42 married a mary mchugh in 1919 in bradford yorks, in 1929 they were living at cross sun st, does anyone recognise this couple

Offline sadieh33

• RootsChat Extra
  • Partying at home.
    • View Profile
Re: hurtley bradford yorks
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 June 06 15:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Fandango
Is the spelling definitely Hurtley, or could it be Hartley?
Sadieh
HARTLEY, NICHOLSON

Offline FANDANGO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 June 06 19:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Sadieh, on the marriage cert of mary and joseph it is spelt Hurtley, but anything is possible a lot of names were not spelt correctly on census records etc, did you think you recognised any of this information?

fandango

Offline sadieh33

• RootsChat Extra
  • Partying at home.
    • View Profile
Re: HARTLEY Bradford Yorks
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 June 06 14:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Fandango,
I need to investigate this further. The subject of my search originates with a Clara Louisa Nicholson, born in Australia 1864. Her parents came from Bradford but moved here in 1859, built a huge business empire and travelled the world in the course of that business.

At some stage she was back in England and married George Henry Hartley, born 1853 in Horton Brqdford on 6th July 1893. There is no sight of them since that day, however, George had 8 other siblings. I'm in the middle of tracking them and their children. The name Joseph Hartley is ringing a bell somewhere in the back of my mind, but I need to dig through the mountain of paperwork to find it.  When I do, I'll let you know what I find.

I don't know as yet if my pair had any children, and it's possible there may be a connection. Do you have any other details about your people, like when they were born and where they lived etc? This may help me work this out for both of us.

Best wishes
Sadieh

HARTLEY, NICHOLSON

Offline FANDANGO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 June 06 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Sadieh,
The earliest record i have for joseph is his marr cert he is described as joseph hurtley (aged 42) on 5 july 1919 at st marys church east parade in the district of bradford he marr mary elizabeth mchugh aged 37 joseph is described as a wool comber, father william hurtley desceased a master clogger, at the time of marr joseph was living at  40 craven st bradford, I dont even know where he was born, i know they had one son my dad, but dont know if they had any more children, im sorry thats all i have,
fandango

Offline sadieh33

• RootsChat Extra
  • Partying at home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 21 August 06 16:02 BST (UK) »
HI Fandango
Checked my records and the Joseph Hartley I have was born Joseph harrison Hartley born 15th Dec 1844.Son of William Hartley 6 c1800 and Mary Hartley nee Laycock born c1801 Married 27th Dec 1818.

Siblings:

George Henry 1821
Srah                1825
Thomas           1827
Elizabeth         1839
Mary R             1840

All born in Bradford, don't know where. Some christened at Kirkgate Wesleyan

Don't think there's a connection but hope the info may help

Kind regards
Sadieh33
HARTLEY, NICHOLSON

Offline FANDANGO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 21 August 06 20:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks sadieh for info, yes its too early to be my joseph, good hunting
fandango

Offline dave the tyke

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 25 August 06 14:36 BST (UK) »
Just happened to have rellies living nearby John Willie Rushworth m Kate Malone who lived 7 Cross Sun Street late 1890's and just happened to have a photo
Bland, Greenwood Bland, Ellis, Benn, Woodhead, Priestley, Illingworth, Lightowler, Platts, Boys, Bradley, O'Hara, Hall<br /><br />Areas -  North Bierley, Northowram, West Bowling, Horton, Shelf, Allerton, Queensbury, Haworth, Ovenden, Halifax, Luddenden, Midgley, Elland, Littleborough

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk