Author Topic: Arrggh, I've got the dreaded lergy!!  (Read 4151 times)

Offline Amy K

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Genealogy: Chasing your own tale!
    • View Profile
Arrggh, I've got the dreaded lergy!!
« on: Thursday 14 October 04 09:56 BST (UK) »
DOCTORS FIND NEW DISEASE!     
WARNING!

Doctors have discovered a new disease that is very contagious to adults. They have named it Genealogy Pox.

SYMPTOMS:
Patient continually complains of a need for names, dates, and places.  Patient has a blank expression on his face, and often seems deaf to mate and children. Has no taste for work of any kind, except for feverishly looking through
records, libraries, and cemetaries. Has compulsion to write letters and spends hours sitting at a computer.
Swears at mailman when he doesn't leave mail or threatens to kick computer if there is no email.

Frequents strange places such as cemeteries, ruins and remote desolate country areas. Makes secret night calls and hides the phone bills from mate. Patient mumbles to self and has a strange faraway look in his eyes. Has a strange compulsion to gather and scatter old papers all over the house, eaving piles of paper everywhere with strange numbers and names all over them.

TREATMENT:
No known cure. Medication is useless. Disease is not fatal, but gets progressively worse. Disease is spreading throughout the country very fast, quickly becoming an epidemic. Patient should attend genealogy meetings, workshops, subscribe to genealogical magazines, and be given lots more forms and a computer situated in a quiet corner of the house where he or she can be alone.
If family supports patient through this, patient will occasionally come out of strange trance and will act normal again unless you drive by a cemetery.

REMARKS:
The unusual nature of this disease is such that the  more sick the patient becomes, the more he or she seems to enjoy it, sometimes dancing with glee and yelling, "I found it!"
Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Arrggh, I've got the dreaded lergy!!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 October 04 10:08 BST (UK) »
Brilliant Amy  ;D ;D

I'm afraid that I've got the lergy too and think I will have it for many years to come  ;D :D :)

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 October 04 10:28 BST (UK) »
It's catching too!    I had someone on Messenger this morning who saw the Bill Oddy thing on telly.  she asked me to do some lookups for her.  I replied and sent it to the wrong Jan.........sorry Jan    lol

I did warn my friend that it's very addictive.....but i am encourging her, cos she lives in Manchester and i might need someone to do some lookups for me............oh! the sneakyness of it!

That certainly made me chuckle Amy  :D
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline JillJ

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 October 04 21:59 BST (UK) »
Amy

I Love it

Jill
Jowett & Broadbent in Leeds.
Perry, Hartshorn/e & Wilkes in Birmingham & Dudley. Walker and Dabill in Sheffield & Notts.
Farrar in Darlington & Leeds.
Kidd & Taylor in Hartlepool & Teesside
Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline minime

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 October 04 23:14 BST (UK) »
Amy,
 I love it!! Can I have permission to print that and frame it. I'm going to put it right above my desk!!!  ;D

Minime
Birchall, Cooper, Kearns, Hope, Desmarias
Scotland, England, Ireland, Canada?, France?

Offline Clincher

• my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 14 October 04 23:17 BST (UK) »
You mean you've got room above your desk???

Offline Jacquie

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 15 October 04 02:09 BST (UK) »
Amy, I loved reading about the dreaded lergy.

My son gave me a temporary cure for it, he called it "I'm at university and I need the computer and if you don't let me use it I will fail university". 

So I have not don't much lately.  I looked at one of my family files only to discover I have little notes stuck to various page saying must up date.

I hope I get the lergy back soon.

Regards Jacquie.
surnames researching:
Wolverhampton- Pearce Burt Crockett Cowley Dickinson Fisher Harris Spencer Owen
Dudley, Tipton, Brierley Hill - Fisher Cooper Pearson
Darlaston- Fisher

Norfolk- Pease Jewel Twite Holmstead Bird   Yorkshire- White Hawkin Pease
Kenilworth- Hammond

Offline minime

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 15 October 04 19:57 BST (UK) »
There's room above my desk because I don't have shelf space. I think my hubby did that deliberatley.  ;)
Everything is stuffed in a zipped binder that I carry everywhere, which mind you is ready to burst at the seams. LOL!!!! I think I'm just gonna have to invade his "office" and make it my shelf space. Hehheee!!!

Minime
Birchall, Cooper, Kearns, Hope, Desmarias
Scotland, England, Ireland, Canada?, France?

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 15 October 04 20:25 BST (UK) »
Heres " The tip"
I know where everything is......i can place my hands on anything 1 st time.  I dare'nt tidy it.....or it'll be lost forever!
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe