Author Topic: Help Please- Sach- Watson Surname.  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Faysie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help Please- Sach- Watson Surname.
« on: Thursday 25 May 06 11:41 BST (UK) »
G'day 'Tis me again' from Oz.

I am trying to find a Mary Sach (Bapt Circa. 1820) Village of Takleley, daughter of William and Maria Sach ( nee Day) married someone name " Watson.??

In the 1851 UK Census there is a Mary Watson (H/Household) age 31 born Takeley in Civil Parish of Elsenham. Essex.   Mary had 7 children all listed on the census, no mention of her husband who was a  Malt Maker.. but I found that 2 of her children were named William and Maria....

I have searched numerous websites and can't find any trace of a marriage for Mary Sach and someone named Watson... in or around Takeley ?.. I believe that this Mary could in fact be the baby sister of my G.G.Grandfather James Sach ( Bapt Circa. 1810) eldest son of William and Maria Sach.  James was transported to Oz for sheep stealing... ( see previous messages on this List site).

I do hope someone may be able to assist me and look forward to hearing from anyone.

Sincerely.
Faysie.- Gold Coast
Australia
Sach/Saich- Essex.
Kent & North Family - Hampshire.
Burke- Co Galway Ireland
Sharp/e- Sth Kyme-Pinchbeck & Blankney, Spalding- Lincolnshire, also Dorrington , Holland fen & Leicestershire.
Peck, Welbourn & Leadenha Lincolnshire
Plowright - Pinchbeck. Lincolnshire
Higman & Seldon Family- Stoke Damerol. Devon.
Freebody -Middlesex-London
Gravel- Prestwich. Manch-Lancashire
Fraser/Frazer- Salford  Manch Lancashire &  Staffordshire
Berry- Bollington. Cheshire
Micklethwaite -Stalybridge & Tintwhistl

Offline ricky1

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
Re: Help Please- Sach- Watson Surname.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 May 06 12:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Faysie
Have you tried the www.genuki.org.uk/
In the Essex pages there are people looking for the Sach familes in Essex. Some have lists of who they have found, might be worth a look.

ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline beardyuk

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help Please- Sach- Watson Surname.
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 November 07 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Faysie

I may be able to help you here.

The Mary Watson in the 1851 census was married to a Thomas Watson. Mary's maiden name was Pallett and she was from Elsenham. Maria Watson (one of their daughters) married my great-grand father (Henry Hampton).

Interestingly enough, a Jonas Hampton married a Mary Sach in 1742 in Takelely, Essex (which is a village close by). Not sure if this is relevant or not but thought I'd mention it.

James Sach (your GG Grandfather) was baptised in Takeley 22/4/1810.  His sister, Mary (spelling says Sache) was baptised 11/6/1820.

I cannot find when she was married or what happened to her after this .......

Hope this is useful