Author Topic: Our Ancestors  (Read 41753 times)

Offline Emmeline

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Emma Louisa Tricker (1885-1958)
    • View Profile
Re: Our Ancestors
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday 28 June 06 01:18 BST (UK) »
Hello  All  - Thank you Gadget for Grandma. Are you going to tell us that other story  ??? ??? Hope so.

Tomkin - that baby is a little Munchkin - in other words I could eat him...........

Did you all  like the photo of my pa/in/law ?

Pentio - if this carries on we may well get a heading on the main page for all those who love the old photos !

Bye........

Offline pentio

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday 28 June 06 01:38 BST (UK) »
Emmeline :)

Sorry i forgot to mention what a lovely photo of you father-in-law......... the little drummer boy......i had trouble keeping up with all the postings....i agree we might make the front page if this continues.......have you heard from Noeleen she seems to have disappeared.

regards

pentio.

Offline Emmeline

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Emma Louisa Tricker (1885-1958)
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday 28 June 06 01:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Pentio - Glad you liked the photo  :D   As you say - so many to reply to and easily missed messages !
We shall have to see if we can track Noelene down.
I was going to suggest that you show the newcomers where to go (shall I re-phrase that) as regards the original threads. They may like to take a look - be in the picture so to speak !
Will sort a few more of Uncle G's soon.........
Kind regards.

Offline pentio

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday 28 June 06 02:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Emmeline :)

what a great idea.......seems a shame that the newcomers to this thread have missed so much from our previous threads...so here goes

To all the newcomers who are enjoying this thread.......our previous ones are on The Even lighter side.......the first and the biggest topic with over 3600 views was entitled wedding photo gggrandparents Saint Helena.... this can be found on page 4 of the above.....on page 2 is St Helena 2......both topics have some truly wonderful photos and some amazing stories........ well worth viewing.......hope you all enjoy them as much as we did.

regards

pentio.

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: Wednesday 28 June 06 07:19 BST (UK) »
Tomkin

Beautiful baby!!!  Amazing!

I've got two pictures of two babies that are related, can anyone work out the relationships, it's the baby in the first piccie and the little boy in the second.

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday 28 June 06 11:13 BST (UK) »

Aaaaaw they're not related at all are they Kerry!!!    :D   Not half they're not        ;)

Barbara              8)
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my mum Gemma Doyle 1950s
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday 28 June 06 11:42 BST (UK) »
are they  Father and Daughter?

colette  :D

Doyle, Mullan, Mulholland, O'Neill, McCann, Lowry, Mullen, Forsythe, Magilton, Farnan.  Banbridge Co Down , Belfast Co Antrim and Dungannon Co Tyrone .

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday 28 June 06 15:58 BST (UK) »
Hi again

Continuing my grandmother's portraits.... Here's one taken in 1902-1903, with her husband and first two sons (my Dad was next in 1905  ;) )

NB -optimised and not fully restored yet  ;)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday 28 June 06 16:01 BST (UK) »
And I think this is the last one we have. In 1948. They used this for her obituary. She died in 1949 when I was 3 and she was the most lovely, cuddly, funny Gran that you could wish for  :)

NB Also optimised and not fully 'done' yet  ;)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***