Author Topic: child death help?? (FOUND!!)  (Read 2082 times)

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: child death help??
« Reply #9 on: Friday 26 May 06 15:35 BST (UK) »
It couldn't have been the mum Margaret who died being burnt in a candle fire - necessitating the adoption of her daughter by her brother Peter and his wife?
This sounds like it would have been in Ireland though?

The practice of naming children after grandparents,aunts and uncles is a very Irish one- makes tracing them so flipping confusing though.

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline redspookhunter

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 26 May 06 16:13 BST (UK) »
hi thanks carol great!
no this is not the mum margaret,my nan knows nothing of her except she braught disgrace to the family she never knew wether she was alive or dead margaret was a servant this was on nans birth cert,nan was in very bad health when peter and his wife adopted her.
going back to those dates though nan always thought that james was the first born but the way she used to talk seemed that he had left home when my nan was there,she talked about him joining up he seemed much older than my nan but if those dates are correct then he would have been around nine,but the dates seem right for the time they got married in 1911
curiouser and curiouser :)
.<br />COTHER bedminster glos <br />WADLEY bedminster glos<br />SMITH bridgewater somerset <br />STAFFORD wexford ireland<br />

ALSO MARRIED TO KOJAK !!!!

Offline redspookhunter

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 26 May 06 16:30 BST (UK) »
answering your question about margaret being older,well nan always said that she had been told the story of margarets death from the start that she was brushing her hair and the candle caught it,she died a few days later in hospital of pnewmonia,my nan was given a tiny ring that belonged to margaret gold with a little solitaire diomond,i remember this ring it would only go on my little finger and then only the tip of it,i dont know what happened to it. the only pictures of margaret were as a small child no older than 4 they are all gone now along with the ring,must look into this a bit more :)
thanks again carol!!
.<br />COTHER bedminster glos <br />WADLEY bedminster glos<br />SMITH bridgewater somerset <br />STAFFORD wexford ireland<br />

Offline redspookhunter

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 26 May 06 19:41 BST (UK) »
another thought would this have been in the local paper? how do i find out which one??
also margaret was known as maggie would this make a difference?? ???

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: child death help?? (FOUND!!)
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 28 May 06 16:16 BST (UK) »
Just so no one else goes looking unnecesarily,redspookhunter  tells me that she has found little Margaret's death(age5) in the Dec 1/4 of 1917 in Pontypridd.

Glad to hear you've found it  ;)

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk