Author Topic: Kings Head / Arms Pub now Black Buoy Caernarvon  (Read 6221 times)

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
Re: Kings Head / Arms Pub now Black Buoy Caernarvon
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 14 September 06 10:34 BST (UK) »
I have now managed to obtain a copy of the licence for my Great Uncle Hugh as well as his death entry in 1899 and his marriage entry to Margaret Roberts. Her father Thomas Roberts ran the Vaynol Arms in Caernarfon.

Unfortunately in 1890 Hugh was fined 5s for being drunk on the premises so that is also written on the licence

My Dad and I visited the pub a couple of weeks ago and visited the record office while there so managed to get quite a bit of info on Hugh and his family.

Thanks again to everyone who helped with info and look ups

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline Catrin Thomas

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 04 January 23 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol, Just came accross your post while trying to find out more about my family. Hugh has appered in my family tree. I have all the same information as you and that he also ran a pub in Bangor Gwynedd called Salmon's Inn? He died on 17th March 1899.
I think but not a 100% that William Richard Thomas is my great, great, great grandfather. I am living in Caernarfon and only down the road to the Black Boy pub. Feel free to contact me. Thanks Catrin

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 04 January 23 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello Catrin, Welcome to RootsChat :)

I am sorry but Carol has turned off all email notifications on her topics so we are not able to make contact with her anymore, I am very sorry about that.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline WelshGen

• RootsChat Senior
  • http://www.spanglefish.com/welshgenealogy/
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 08 January 23 21:51 GMT (UK) »
The Three Salmons pub in Bangor became The Glanrafon (or ''Glan'' as we locals called it).
Jones, Parry, Williams on Lleyn, Hughes, Thomas on Anglesey/Caernarvonshire, Blunt, Davies, Lee in Dudley, Staffs
Cox, Humphreys and Keech, Bedford
My website http://www.spanglefish.com/welshgenealogy/

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 09 January 23 18:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol, Just came accross your post while trying to find out more about my family. Hugh has appered in my family tree. I have all the same information as you and that he also ran a pub in Bangor Gwynedd called Salmon's Inn? He died on 17th March 1899.
I think but not a 100% that William Richard Thomas is my great, great, great grandfather. I am living in Caernarfon and only down the road to the Black Boy pub. Feel free to contact me. Thanks Catrin

Welcome to Rootschat.
St Peblig 13 July 1886 marriage
Hugh Thomas 30 master mariner of Kings Head Inn. Father William Thomas master mariner deceased
Margaret Roberts 25 of Vaynol Arms, Palace ? Street father Thomas Roberts slate quarrier.
Both signed.
Thomas Roberts and Sarah Ann Roberts witnesses both signed

Hope this helps.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 09 January 23 18:18 GMT (UK) »
North Wales Express 30 April 1880

Deaths
Thomas—April 12, aged 63, Captain William Thomas, of the Three Salmon Inn, Bangor, late of Traethcoch, Anglesey, after severe illness, which he bore patiently.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)