Author Topic: Isaac HAWKINS bc 1830  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Mary R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Isaac HAWKINS bc 1830
« on: Saturday 27 May 06 17:26 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me find Isaac Hawkins who married Ann French in Whitestaunton on 24/12/1851.  The marriage certificate states that his father was John Hawkins deceased.  Isaac is said to be a labourer.  I  also have the following details:-
1841 Census
Possible found in Dalwood aged 13 a Ag. Lab. living with a William Newberry a yeoman
1851 Census
Found living in Whitestaunton aged 20 a Ag. Lab. for a James Hawkings ( No known relation)  His place of birth is given as Chard but of course he didn't fill the census form in himself so that could be a red herring.
On 25/12/1859 Isaac died aged 33 in Dalwood.  The cause of death was decline.
Isaac and his wife Ann had 3 children.  John born about 1854 although I haven't been able to find his birth certificate. However Wambrook church records record the baptism of John Hawkins the son of Isaac and Ann on 26/05/1854.  The other children were George born about 1857 in Whitestaunton and Ellen born 6 months before her father died in Dalwood.
I would be very grateful if anyone  could give me more information about Isaac particularly any details of his baptism and marriage.
I am uncertain which site to post this message on because of all the boundary changes.  I know Wambrook was transfered from Dorset to Somerset in 1896, and that Dalwood  also moved counties.  Whitestaunton has always to my knowledge been in Somerset. HELP!

Offline Frances

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry & Alexandra Burr
    • View Profile
Re: ISAAC HAWKINS BORN CIR 1830
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 May 06 20:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary R,

Have you tried the Dorset OPC site? It is well worth a try.

Good Luck,

Frances :)

http://www.dorset-opc.com/index.htm
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

-------------------------------------------------- 
Hope/Buckinghamshire    Palmer Cambridge
Hope/Camberwell            Palmer Essex  
Bolton/Camberwell           Emery Potton Bedfordshire
DeBoo/ Poplar/Anywhere           
Oliver /Chatteris, Cambs.   
Redkison/ Anywhere          
Carter Bedfordshire
Bernard/Stepney
Lawrence/Colchester Essex 
Carter/ Leytonstone
Bones/ Essex
Tullett/ Surrey/Essex

Offline Mary R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: ISAAC HAWKINS BORN CIR 1830
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 May 06 10:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks Francis.  I tried the site a couple of years ago but there has been so many developments online recently that it must be worth another go.  Mary