Author Topic: 1901/1911 Census Lookup Please  (Read 716 times)

Offline cassarilda

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • This is my grandmother... born Phoebe May Ward
    • View Profile
1901/1911 Census Lookup Please
« on: Sunday 28 May 06 08:11 BST (UK) »
As part of my searches, I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to look up the following in the 1901 or 1911 census please?

Surname: ROUSE
District: Wolverhampton.

My possible connection was born Phoebe ROUSE in 1902.  I wondering if she would be on the census with her family? Or in 1901 if her family was still living in Wolverhampton?

Thanks
Interest Names:
* Carmichael, Stewart, Ritchie
* Brown, Lakota, Laklota (any spelling variants)
* Ward, Phillips, Sheldon?
* Sheehan, Jeffcoat

Interest Areas:
* Clackamannshire, Scotland
* Dublin, Ireland
* Australia

Other Interests:
* If you were born circa 1940 +/- 3yrs, in England, but were placed in a home in your early life, with surname either Phillips or Ward, OR if you were born around this time, know your father, but dont know your mother..    PLEASE get in contact with me!

Offline Dave Francis

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cornelius Fisk Goodwin (1880-1961)
    • View Profile
Re: 1901/1911 Census Lookup Please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 May 06 08:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Cassarilda

Sorry to disappoint you, but the 1911 Census isn't available to anyone yet - we have to wait until January 2012!

And the 1901 Census is a non-starter, of course, if Phoebe wasn't born until the following year.

Do you have any information at all about her parents?

Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Surnames include: FRANCIS in Glamorgan / LANWORN in Monmouth / BLACKMAN, RUSSELL in Sussex / KEARSEY, BARLTROP in Essex / TOOKEY in Leicestershire / LASHMORE in London and Kent / GOODWIN, PASQUE, ATTOE, FISK, QUINTON, RUFFLES, CULLINGFORD and others in Suffolk / MAYOSS anywhere anytime! / GILMORE in Belfast

Offline cassarilda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 May 06 09:05 BST (UK) »
No sorry...

I was hoping this may give me some info?

Its not at all possible to lookup the surname only?  I suppose it would mean trawling through HEAPS of papers..   ???  oh well.

No worries, I shall just have to wait another 6yrs.. or until I get another clue. :)

Thanks
Interest Names:
* Sheehan, Jeffcoat

Interest Areas:
* Dublin, Ireland
* Australia

Other Interests:
* If you were born circa 1940 +/- 3yrs, in England, but were placed in a home in your early life, with surname either Phillips or Ward, OR if you were born around this time, know your father, but dont know your mother..    PLEASE get in contact with me!

Offline Dave Francis

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cornelius Fisk Goodwin (1880-1961)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 28 May 06 09:11 BST (UK) »
Hi again

Looking at the index to the 1901 Census, there were at least three different Rouse families in Wolverhampton.  Phoebe may have belonged to any of them.  Indeed her parents may have been elsewhere anyway.

Best bet is to get a copy of Phoebe's birth certificate.

Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Surnames include: FRANCIS in Glamorgan / LANWORN in Monmouth / BLACKMAN, RUSSELL in Sussex / KEARSEY, BARLTROP in Essex / TOOKEY in Leicestershire / LASHMORE in London and Kent / GOODWIN, PASQUE, ATTOE, FISK, QUINTON, RUFFLES, CULLINGFORD and others in Suffolk / MAYOSS anywhere anytime! / GILMORE in Belfast

Offline cassarilda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 28 May 06 09:22 BST (UK) »
thats kewl Dave.

Thanks..

Im in limbo at the moment waiting for various certificates to come in from the GRO... apparently they are being sent in 3 days (the first lot).. and the 2nd lot are being sent in another 3 weeks..  I hate waiting.  :)

thanks for your help. :)
Interest Names:
* Sheehan, Jeffcoat

Interest Areas:
* Dublin, Ireland
* Australia

Other Interests: