Author Topic: FOWEN/RAPSEY Channell Islands  (Read 12290 times)

Offline valsul

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FOWEN/RAPSEY Channell Islands
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 09:41 BST (UK) »
Family migrated to Nw Zealnd. There son Edward Havilland Rapsey married Ethel Maud Smith in NZ. Children Kura Ethel Doreen Rapsey, ( born 1904 NZ), Nita Rapsey,  Robert Rapsey and James Rapsey. Here is some more of Edward..

Edward Havilland Rapsey  ref http://www.nzetc.org/tm/scholarly/name-423445.html
Salesman in the Hardware and Electro-plate department of the Canterbury Farmers' Association, was born in 1872, at Pareora. He was educated at the Dunedin and Timaru High Schools, and commenced his business life with an apprenticeship of four years to Messrs Lomas and Struthers, grocers, of Dunedin. He entered the service of the Canterbury Farmers' Association, and has held his present position for some time; he is (was)  the oldest salesman in the Association. Mr. Rapsey is a member of Court Southern Cross of the Order of Foresters. He has taken a great interest in football and cricket, and is a supporter and follower of the South Canterbury hounds.
 Cheers Val

Offline Wab

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 29 August 12 15:49 BST (UK) »
I am a descendant of Frances Mary Rapsey, James's daughter, she married John William Blackwood and had five children: Alice and Jim (twins), Toby (great-grandfather) and Edna and Rita (also twins).

Recently my dad and I visited NZ where we visited the gravesites of the Blackwoods and Rapseys. In Dunedin we found the Blackwood grave and in Timaru only James's grave. We also caught up with Frances's great-niece Shirley, she didn't have much photos or info but she showed me a family spiral wheel that someone did for her in the late 80s.

I have been researching the family tree for four years and I have unearthed many photos and info, but I don't have many photos of the Rapseys, only two of Frances. One of her with her husband and children taken in 1900 and another just before her death with her grandchildren Keith (grandfather), Anne, Doug and Nola.

Cheers

William
Archer
Johnston
Knappett
Lindley
Macarthur
Masterton
McKell
Shields

Bevty

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 29 August 12 22:17 BST (UK) »
Good to hear of your Rapsey connection.
I have not had any new information on the family for a year or two but if you could reply to my email address I can forward some family data and stories I have saved to DVD.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Bev Thompson.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php