Author Topic: Isaac Hawkins born cir 1830  (Read 956 times)

Offline Mary R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Isaac Hawkins born cir 1830
« on: Monday 29 May 06 16:00 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me find Isaac hawkins who married Ann French in Whitestaunton on 24/12/1851.  The marriage certificate states that his father was John Hawkins deceased.  Isaac is said to be a labourer.  I also have the following details:-
1841 census
Possible found in Dalwood aged 13 a Ag. Lab. living with a William Newberry, a yeoman.
1851 Census
Found living in Whitestaunton aged 20 a Ag. Lab. for a James Hawkings ( No known relation).  His place of birth is given as Chard but of course he didn't fill in the census form himself so that could be a red herring.
ON 25/12/1859 Isaac died aged 33 in Dalwood.  The cause of death was decline.  Isaac and his wife had three children.  John born about 1854 although I haven't been able to find his birth certificate.  however Wambrook church records the baptism of John Hawkins , the son of Isaac and Ann on 26/05/1854.  The other children were George born about 1857 in Whitestaunton and Ellen born 6 months before her father died in Dalwood.
I would be grateful if anyone could give me more information about Isaac particularly any details of his baptism and marriage.
I am uncertain which site to post this message on because of all the boundary changes.  HELP!

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • humbug
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac Hawkins born cir 1830
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 June 06 22:39 BST (UK) »
mary Hi i am also looking for hawkins we could be looking for the same family im looking for ancestors of charles Vickery hawkins. Born 1872 plymouth died 1894 at cambridge university. Raa

Offline Mary R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 June 06 17:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Raa.  We may well have ancestors in common but none of my Hawkins so far have gone as far down south as Plymouth!  Mary

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • humbug
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 June 06 08:55 BST (UK) »
mary  :(mymistakei thought ou were looking in my area and those names matched onsomething im looking for its a hard life beinga beginner  ??? lol good luckin your search :) raa