Author Topic: William Evans, Mynachlogddu, Pembroke, Wales  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Donna Wetsel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
William Evans, Mynachlogddu, Pembroke, Wales
« on: Wednesday 31 May 06 02:26 BST (UK) »
I think I found my gg-grandfather, William Evans on 1841 and 1851 Census living in Llanwinio, Carmarthenshire.  However, his birthplace states Mynachlogddu, Pembrokeshire (also spelled Monachlogdu, Manachlogdu and various other ways).  It was mis-spelled on the 1841 Census.  I have spent many hours at the Family History Center in Salt Lake City, Utah reading microfilm, searching every parish church in the general area for him, but can't find his christenening or birthdate.  His birth would be abt. 1797.  Does anyone out there have any ideas as to how I could find him?  I'm about ready to hire a professional genealogist.   
Donna

Offline rugbywolf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Evans, Mynachlogddu, Pembroke, Wales
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 June 06 10:06 BST (UK) »
If you find his marriage that should give a fathers name and might help with other sibblings ,bishops transcripts have missing details i know as i have a marriage certificate for henrys moat parich church but the marriage isnt in the bishops transcript.
You might need to see the original parish records if they still exist ,or try tithe records,hearth taxes esp if you can get a fathers name.
whereabouts in pembroke is Mynachlogddu
hope thats of help.
chris

Offline Donna Wetsel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 June 06 00:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the info.  I will continue to search using some of the ideas you gave me. Mynachlogddu is near the Carmarthenshire border. 
Donna

Offline rugbywolf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 29 June 06 17:08 BST (UK) »
hi this link might give some other hints.
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/PEM/Mynachlogddu/index.html :)