Author Topic: Confirmation of Parentage - Pyper/Piper  (Read 7293 times)

Offline Isles

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Confirmation of Parentage - Pyper/Piper
« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 June 06 13:32 BST (UK) »
It was kind of you Gadget to help out.  I had intended to take out credits with SP as I have a few BMD's of my own to check, but for some reason it would not accept my bank card (don't have a credit card).  Last time I simply clicked on a credit card logo at random and it went through O.K.  Strange !  I think I'll have to e-mail SP.
I have a dental appointment at Montrose on Monday, and the Library there holds all the Angus Census.  I'll have a look at Barry  to see if Robert Pyper et al are there in 1871.  If not, I can check the 1871 Fettercairn Census at Stonehaven Library.
Yes, I'm on John Burness's website (www.buness.ca).  A wonderful site indeed, and everything agrees back to my 3-greats grandparents John Burness & Isobel Barclay who married in Benholm Parish, 1768

Isles.

1927 - 2010

Burness; Dickson; Moncur; Bowman

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Confirmation of Parentage - Pyper/Piper
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 June 06 13:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks Isles,

Your offer of a census lookup is greatfully accepted. I'm sorry you have to go via the dentist though  :( - never the nicest of experiences!

I have been so impressed with John's website - He has obviously been working on it for years and years. If my George Pyper and Helen Burns/Burness work out - my lot will be there as well - certainly saves me a lot of work  ;D (but as usual, I still feel the need to confirm my branches)

Thanks,
Di
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk