Author Topic: Whats the best way to find a death date in Devon  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Alby

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Whats the best way to find a death date in Devon
« on: Friday 02 June 06 09:53 BST (UK) »
Hi all
I'm looking for the date my paternal Grandfather died, the trouble is I have no idea of the year it was, or where for that matter. I have tried trawling through the death index at my local FHS and looked at many quarter's in the most likely years but to no avail,my Grand father was Arthur John Berryman b in Torquay on March 31 1885, after serving in France in the first world war he was working in and living in Exeter as a  a chef in hotels in the area, the last time I have a record of him is in 1924 in Exeter, he was married in 1921 to Lucy Ada Blanche Chudley and had two sons Alfred and Robert (My Fathers step brothers).
working on the average life span I have tried working through from 1950 to 1970 and either side of these dates but no luck.
I wonder if anyone knows of a database on-line or a CD I can purchase that can be searched for by name, I have tried all the usual like free Bmd etc and even some pay per view but again no luck.
any idea's would be appreciated or does anyone know of this Family?
Thank you
Alby 
Berryman Devon / Cornwall<br />Hancock Cornwall<br />Mundy Berkshire

1959-2012

Offline Hele

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the best way to find a death date in Devon
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 June 06 22:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Alby,
            Your Grand-Father Arthur John Berryman is shown in 02-Apr-May-Jun 1960 aged 75 in Exeter. Vol' 7a Page 411. Hope this helps.
Regards  Bernie
Hele. Heale. Bowden. Brimblecome.Brimmicombe. Brimicombe. Hill.Treeby. Rowe. Ladd. Eddy. Grenfell. (Devon/Cornwall)
Medforth. (Yorkshire)

Offline Alby

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the best way to find a death date in Devon
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 June 06 23:14 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Bernie I have been Looking for this record for so long!
Interestingly, I was searching Ancestry on line when I received the email notifying me of your reply I was searching 1940 at the time, so you have saved me a long night.
well done and thank you
Alby  ;D
Berryman Devon / Cornwall<br />Hancock Cornwall<br />Mundy Berkshire

1959-2012