Author Topic: Munday surname  (Read 3190 times)

Offline artyclarty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Munday surname
« on: Tuesday 06 June 06 17:16 BST (UK) »
Trying to trace William Munday born abt 1897, married in Gateshead in 1917 and died Gateshead 1930. Served WW1 in RMLI. Father also William Munday  empl as Groom (Domestic) in 1917 (from sons marriage cert) but no other info known Any help please.

Offline mavowl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Munday surname
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 February 16 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Trying to trace William Munday born abt 1897, married in Gateshead in 1917 and died Gateshead 1930. Served WW1 in RMLI. Father also William Munday  empl as Groom (Domestic) in 1917 (from sons marriage cert) but no other info known Any help please.

Hi Arty,  Only just came across your request as I am following a Munday line too.  Did you ever get the info you wanted re your William ??

mavowl

Offline artyclarty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 February 16 19:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello mavowl, I have done a lot of research on the Munday family of Alton in Hampshire, England from the village of Bentworth. Could this be the same family as yours? If Silas Munday, John Munday or Kezia Windebank ring any bells with you please feel free to contact me again.
Arty

Offline mavowl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 February 16 01:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello again Arty,      No, your line is not the one I am following, but I did have baptism, 1901 census and service records for your William Lewis Munday, and just wondered if you needed them?

Regards.  Mavowl

Offline artyclarty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 February 16 09:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello again Mavowl, thanks for the reply and offer of info. I have already obtained the full info for William Lewis Munday including birth cert and army records, but that was a very kind offer from you.

It may be that I can help you as I did a lot of other research on other William Mundays, father also William Munday born about 1897. I researched a William S Munday from Walworth in London who's father William Munday was a cabman. Is this any use to your research or can I help you with any others.
Best Wishes
Arty