Author Topic: Your Opinion??  (Read 1314 times)

Offline Tees

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Your Opinion??
« Reply #9 on: Friday 09 June 06 05:05 BST (UK) »
Hi OzKat!

Thanks for your kind words!

Won't it be much cheaper for you to have your certs from the GRO in Eire instead?

I know what you meant about the certs and verification.

I absolutely agreed with you that death certs from Ireland are somewhat troublesome at times! It seems that it was not a rigid standard to be follow: noting widow's husband's name and occupation. Many of my death certs simply stated: widow! Whereas in England & Wales, it is imperative to state whose husband and occupation on the cert unless the informant know the information or not.  Luckily, some certs have the informants who were known to me.

One death cert I am not sure about because of the informant and a notation of whose husband it was. Strangely, this person was my ancestor and was buried with her family in the family plot. I hope I do not get a wrong cert, do I? :)

I am starting to think that I may have a right birth entry on my great-granny. I just need a CONFIRMATION based on the parish records.

Do you know of any information regarding the possibility that the deaths were not registered in Ireland between 1860s and 1900s? I am wondering why I have such difficulty with getting a death cert on great-granny's father.

Oh, well!

Thank you for your interest in this posting! Any opinion or suggestion so far on this subject?

Kind regards,

Tees