Author Topic: Messages, Replies and E-mails  (Read 217596 times)

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Messages, Replies and E-mails
« Reply #324 on: Tuesday 08 April 14 11:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks Erato, that's a reminder to me too, knew some didn't want email notifications for threads but I didn't apply that to PMs

Have frequently found the PM system working after only 2 postings by either party but agree with you Carol re adding to the thread, there to come across in search even if not getting email notifications

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: Tuesday 08 April 14 11:21 BST (UK) »
Not sure if this should be in here or in a new topic, but . . .

For the last couple of weeks my e:mail notifications do not seem to be coming through, and when I look at New Posts only a few appear, but when I go into Unread Posts then I see several which I would expect to have been notified about.

Has something changed in the last couple of weeks, do I need to re-do something, I've checked e:mail notifications in my profile and they all seem to be in order.

Thanks for any advice.

peter

I have had same problem with not getting email notifications to threads i have recently contributed to. This has only happened for threads which have been merged or split. Even if the split has happened after my last post to the thread and that split has been made at a page before my post.

E.g new findmypast is now in three parts. I contributed early on and got email notifications of new posts OK. When It was split and part 1 locked, my latest post was then in Part 2, but I got no further emails about additional posts to part 2. The same thing happened when part 2 grew big and was split so the last couple of pages became part 3. Although my then latest post was in the new part 3 (although when I posted it was in part 2), I stopped getting emails about new posts again. And two other threads on same topic got merged into it along the way, so one email notification linked to nowhere. But for the average thread which doesn't get split, merged etc I have had no problem.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: Tuesday 08 April 14 16:25 BST (UK) »
Lizzie,

If you'd like to be notified of the ones that don't seem to be notifying you (if they have been split), then click the "Notify" button at the top & bottom of the topic. Hopefully then, you'll get notified of new topics.

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: Tuesday 08 April 14 16:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks, I hadn't spotted that button. As the topic in question is not just hot it's incandescent, I made more posts after splitting and the notifications came through OK again.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline Mouse 53

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: Wednesday 09 April 14 09:28 BST (UK) »
Only just started last week and had a bit of a problem in sending what I thought was a general reply but sent a personal reply instead.  A great site and I have had great success in my research into my wife's family tree. The people who sent replys are the best

Regards

Martin

Offline Weelass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: Friday 11 July 14 15:54 BST (UK) »
Great job bob in explaining. Thank you

Offline saskgirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: Friday 04 September 15 22:04 BST (UK) »
Hi there.  How and where do I find the answers to the messages, that I have asked on this board.  I can see my questions but I can`t find any answers.  One from Ambly for example. I can`t find his replies to my questions.  What am I missing here???  J

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: Saturday 05 September 15 08:56 BST (UK) »
Is it this one?
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=720887.msg5646985#msg5646985

Click New Replies at the top of the Forum page and you should see all replies to topics you have posted in.

Offline Carbonara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: Tuesday 06 October 15 18:54 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the information, very useful indeed!