Author Topic: Messages, Replies and E-mails  (Read 217540 times)

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: Messages, Replies and E-mails
« Reply #54 on: Friday 16 May 08 14:07 BST (UK) »
Sue,

Are you certain that Rootschat has your correct email address?

Have you made sure they aren't being chucked in your spam box?

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dean1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • 9 brig. Royal Fusiliers War Diary (large portion)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 16 May 08 15:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole,

I have noticed on my profile that it says, under "notification board" that "you are not being notified on any boards at the moment" (or something similar).   As I say when I try to use the notify button on individual posts it says "do I want to turn notify off".   I think, therefore, it is a problem at that end.    HOWEVER, and I hadn't thought of this until you mentioned it, my husband God Bless Him, has been mucking around with a new virus thingy I think.    I will check with him exactly what he did (I actually think he did it on his laptop not on this machine) and deal accordingly (with him) if he is the culprit.    However, when something is blocked I usually see the pop-up thingy which is really only for adverts.     If it intercepts E-mails it just means they go into bulk not "in box" with a warning and I have to say we are getting some pretty bizarre ones in there at the moment mostly "viagara" related would you believe, definitely not rootschat which I would recognise from the title.   I have to say I don't open unrecognised E-mails as I am told they will continue to arrive if you do this because you have confirmed "someone is there".

I think I am have to just log on each time from now on.   I am still getting notifications from Genes Reunited and others by the way.

Sue ???
ANDERSON (Kings Lynn, Norfolk) BREWER (Somerset) BALDWIN (Catfield, Norfolk) CRONSHAW(Accrington, Lancs) DEAN (Accrington, Lancs) FOSTER, FORSTER (Astbury, Cheshire AND Canada AND U.S.A.) BRIGHT (London) ROWLAND (Essex and Hampshire) SEWARD (Petersfield, Hampshire) BAILEY/ BROWN (Biddulph, Staffordshire)

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 16 May 08 15:33 BST (UK) »
Messages from Rootschat come from RootsChat.com and the email address of
webmaster AT rootschat.com

On my profile I have the following boxes ticked and then a long list of current notifcations underneath.

Receive RootsChat announcements by email. Ticked
  Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply.
  Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic. Ticked

Good luck.........(Sue's hubby  ;D)

Carol

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Friday 16 May 08 15:49 BST (UK) »
you are not being notified on any boards at the moment

Apart from individual topics, you can also switch on notifications for a complete board i.e. when anything happens on this board.

The message just means you have no notifications turned on for whole boards.

Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Dean1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Friday 16 May 08 15:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole, My husband gratefully accepts your good wishes.   He is in the clear - he didn't touch this machine!

The setup on mine for notifications is the same as yours and, indeed, was checked by Berlin Bob yesterday.   I did re-confirm my E-mail address also.

These little things are sent to try us!!!! >:(

Thanks for your input.

Sue

Thanks for your input also Bob - sadly still not working.
ANDERSON (Kings Lynn, Norfolk) BREWER (Somerset) BALDWIN (Catfield, Norfolk) CRONSHAW(Accrington, Lancs) DEAN (Accrington, Lancs) FOSTER, FORSTER (Astbury, Cheshire AND Canada AND U.S.A.) BRIGHT (London) ROWLAND (Essex and Hampshire) SEWARD (Petersfield, Hampshire) BAILEY/ BROWN (Biddulph, Staffordshire)

Offline DianaM

• RootsChat Member
  • So much Family History, so little time ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Friday 16 May 08 15:57 BST (UK) »
I've had not notifications for a few weeks either, and I haven't changed my settings!
CAVILL (Yorkshire, Lancashire, Pennsylvania), BROWN (Yorks) SCOTT (Yorks) STANLEY (Staffs) TAVERNOR (Staffs) BLAKE (London, Wilts) FOGG (Derbyshire, Manchester)

Offline HarryW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • G Grandfather - Albert Spencer 1861 - 1926
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Monday 19 May 08 09:29 BST (UK) »
I also have not had any notifications for some weeks.   All of my Rootschat settings looked OK (and had not changed anyway).   I use a hotmail account for my genealogy and have just found that it had "helpfully" added Rootschat, along with a number of contacts, to the blocked domains.

I suspect a few people are thinking that I couldn't be bothered to reply to them !.

I am now awaiting my first reply to a post to see whether this has fixed my problem  ???

Harry
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

My Interests:

Berkshire: Amor, Beard, Creed, Gale, Noakes, Pearmain, Spencer, White, Willis
Cornwall / Devon: Arscott, Coram, Cundy, Eastlake, Minedue, Reeve
Essex: Ager, Garrad, Linsell, Pearmain
Hampshire: Noakes
Norfolk: Fox, Spencer, Wilkins
Northumberland: Ager, Bell, Cundy, Gair, Robinson
Oxfordshire: Allmond, Beard, Burton, Cobb, Creed, Hilsdon, Nichols, Shurville
Wiltshire: Amor
Yorkshire: Bell, Fox

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Monday 19 May 08 09:39 BST (UK) »
I am now awaiting my first reply to a post to see whether this has fixed my problem  ???
Well, here we go ...  ;)
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dean1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Monday 19 May 08 09:45 BST (UK) »
Harry,

I think the same thing happened to me - my settings were OK and I certainly hadn't altered them.   I even re-confirmed my E-mail address and still nothing.    I have a BT internet address also and changed to that - now there is no problem.

Sue