Author Topic: RDF Media/ Channel 4 searching for possible heir to Sir Benjamin Slade  (Read 1158 times)

Offline katen

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
RDF Media/ Channel 4 searching for possible heir to Sir Benjamin Slade
« on: Thursday 08 June 06 15:06 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

I work for a television company called RDF Media. We are one of the UK’s leading independent television producers, making popular and innovative programmes for television networks throughout the world.

Our programmes include Faking It and Rock School for Channel 4, and documentary series including BBC1’s ‘The Queen’s Castle’.

We are currently producing a programme for Channel 4 in the UK and are looking for families with the surname 'Slade'

We are following a British Baronet named Sir Benjamin Slade who is searching for a potential heir to his ancestral country manor and 1500 acre estate.

Sir Benjamin has no children to pass some of his title and estate on to. He is therefore looking for anyone who thinks they may be related to one of his ancestors.

Maunsel House in North Newton has been the family’s ancestral seat since 1772. The Slades migrated from Dorset where they were established since 1660, and previously from Bleubury Berkshire. More details regarding Sir Benjamin and his family tree can be found on Sir Benjamin’s website www.maunselhouse.co.uk

As part of our programme we are conducting Sir Benjamin’s search for living relatives and would like to hear from any Slades who believe they could be part of his extended family.

If this sounds like you then please do get in touch with us as quickly as possible. The easiest and fastest way to contact us is via email at Slade[AT]rdfmedia.com. Please tell us why you think you may be related to Sir Benjamin and provide us with your contact details.

We would love to hear from lots of Slades around the globe!!

Many thanks

Kate

Moderator Comment: e-mail edited, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please replace [AT] with @

Offline oldcrone

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: RDF Media/ Channel 4 searching for possible heir to Sir Benjamin Slade
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 June 06 15:10 BST (UK) »
Just working out how I can reformulate my surname into SLADE?

The SLA could just about be worked into SHA, but not sure how I can make the DE into a W?  Pants.....  :'(

Clara
Shaw/Smith: Ottawa, Canada<br />Davies/Hill: Monmouth/Gloucestershire/Middlesex/Surrey<br />Chatfield: Kent<br />Crone: Kent/Sussex/Surrey/Ireland<br />Lyden: Ireland<br />Pannell, Newland, Proudley (travellers): Sussex/Surrey<br />Dobson, Hollins: Staffs/Cheshire/Warwicks<br />Boys: Sussex/London<br />Payne: Suffolk/London
Hasting(s): Sussex

Offline harribobs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: RDF Media/ Channel 4 searching for possible heir to Sir Benjamin Slade
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 June 06 23:26 BST (UK) »
i believe my family changed their name from Slade to Harrison to avoid the trauma and stress related to having too much money and land, but i'd be happy to take on this responsiblity now, so i'll take the money

(nb some of the above post may not be 100% correct)