Author Topic: Pacy/Pacey-Nottinghamshire  (Read 2334 times)

Offline TrishaG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pacy/Pacey-Nottinghamshire
« on: Tuesday 13 June 06 15:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm trying to trace the Pacy/Pacey name throughout Nottinghamshire from(for now anyway) 1600-1914.
If anyone has any info concerning people with this family name for this area and time I'ld love to get in contact as eventually I intend to start a webpage with all the available info on about the Pacey family and how they all connect with each other to help any other people with  PACY/PACEY on their trees.
Trisha :) :) :)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: Pacy/Pacey-Nottinghamshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 June 07 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hi my friends family of Pacey hail from around Belvoir castle Knipton.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline TrishaG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 June 07 23:09 BST (UK) »
Hi  Larkspur,
nice to hear from you.
My Pacey's originally came from the Elston,EastStoke,Flintham area of Notts which is just over the Belvoir valley.My Great great grandmother ,a Rawding,who married a Pacey came from the Barkston/Brant Broughton area in Lincs,also not far from you.I'ld be very interested in any info you have ,perhaps we have a common ancestor  and I can help  you with some info too.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Trisha ;D ;D ;D

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 02 June 07 12:44 BST (UK) »
how weird...I get in touch with you thinking you are connected to my friend and actually you are connected to me!! My grandmothers tree comes down this line. Richard Pacey 1805 Elston married Elizabeth Rawding 1803 Barkston Notts they had 4 children .This is such a tangled line for me as I have Rawdings and Paceys tangled over about 200 years with Mayfields, get in touch via E Mail and I can send you my tree and you can work it out yourself as I say it is complicated to go into here. My line comes down through mary rawding b 1792 Brant Broughton and husband Thomas Mayfield 1792 Barnby in the Willows.                                             .   Moderator comment: email address removed to prevent spam and other abuses.  Please use the Pm system to exchange personal details
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 02 June 07 12:51 BST (UK) »
Hi again having a second look I think we are connected through my 5x gt grandparents  George Rawding and Ann Pask and two of their daughters  Mary being mine and Elizabeth b 1803 being yours. elizabeth married Richard Pacey 20 mar 1830 Farndon Notts

Offline bully

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 26 October 23 11:48 BST (UK) »
Good morning,
I am very interested in your George Rawdin and Ann Pask,as ancestry have asked if they are in my tree.
It seems Georges dad is John,who was married to Mary,and he was born 1737.
The guy who has put the information up,has my ancester Francis, who married Ann Burton, living with George & Ann ,at some point, so are they related?
My tree has a Sarah born in the same year as George, but her dad was another Francis born 1735.
I'm wandering if Georges dad John may have been this Francis's brother, as he was born only two years later?
Thanks in advance.....sorry about all the Francis's, there are three in my tree!

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 26 October 23 14:48 BST (UK) »
John Rawding (1737-1815) married Mary Cockfield 8 Apr 1760 in Welbourn. I have four children for the couple.

John was baptised 20 June 1737 in Leadenham the son of John (1707-1776) and Ann. This John had five siblings but no Francis.

I am not sure as to how "the guy" knows that Francis was living with George and Ann? George was on the 1841 census but no Francis living with him.
Could you please give me some dates and places of your Francis'. I can find no Ancestry tree with a Francis R. and Ann Burton as yet.
I have a lot of Rawdins that I have not researched as they are a huge family. I think I may need to check out the line of John Rawdin baptised 1690 in Fulbeck son of William and Elizabeth as he seems to appear in a lot of Ancestry trees. John was the brother of my 8x great grandfather William.

Offline bully

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 26 October 23 17:17 BST (UK) »
Hello again,
You asked about Francis R,well there are 4 in my tree....if I start with the Francis who married Ann Burton 1840,that's my direct line,his father being the 2nd one born 1767,married Sarah Archer 1793,looks number 3 was a brother 1774,then if you can keep up,number 4 is Francis 1735 who married Mary Foster 1759.
The William who married Mary Pacy 1706, had a brother according to my tree John,who was Francis number 4 s dad.
I have Williams dad as William also,but have 1652,that's as far as mine goes back,at the moment anyway.
Thanks

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 27 October 23 14:17 BST (UK) »
William Rawding born around 1650 ( No baptism found) was my 9x great grandfather. I have researched his son  William as he is my 8x Gt grandfather. I do have two son John's for him. 1688-1690 and the other baptised in Fulbeck 13 Feb 1690. I have not researched him. I am assuming or rather thinking the Francis name may come from his wife's side??? Francis is not a name at all used in my William's line.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=875102.new#new