Author Topic: Tom Jones!!!!!  (Read 35539 times)

Offline Afol 123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tom Jones!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 19 December 21 01:26 GMT (UK) »
Please let me know if anyone else gets more information. My dad told me that he  was Tom Jone's cousin. During the war he went to visit the family & met  Tom,  as a boy. We have been stuck every other way so thought I 'd try this angle.
My family wants to make the connection from here in Canada to England.  My grandfather would not give any info of his family except that he had  left home & never saw his parents again. His dad was some kind of a minister (dead end in my search) & my grandpa owned a pub & rifle range. His info is William Woodward, born June 8, 1868 in Wolverhampton, Staffordshire Eng. , died Sept 18, 1951 wife Alice Hannah(Robinson) who had 2 children &  8 more together. So its a large family here looking for our roots. We are having great difficulty, perhaps names or dates were changed.

I have just been able to phone Tom himself and he does remember a william Woodward however he is unaware of any connection to Wolverhampton however it is possible that Tom is not aware of Wolverhampton but he cannot recall at this time the maiden name of his wife and he has not confirmed the name Alice as it was a very brief call before he went to an appointment he is on the other side of the world so it is difficult to speak to him for long I hope that this helps I am currently looking through the enormous family tree some of the names mentioned so far are on the family tree others are not I hope you find out either way

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 19 December 21 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Bob, his father was Thomas Woodward  and his mother Freda Jones, both Pontypridd.

Birth

WOODWARD, Thomas John
Mother's maiden surname: GANE     
GRO Reference: 1910  J Quarter in PONTYPRIDD  Volume 11A  Page 674

Marriage
Dec 1896

GANE, Annie        
WOODWARD,  James
Pontypridd
11a   820   

1911 census

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XW6B-CZB

James born Snowshill, Gloucestershire, Annie born Box, Wiltshire.  James' father Richard was also born in Snowshill, and Richard's father William was born in Sweatley, Oxfordshire c1786.  No idea where 'Sweatley' is.  They are all quite easy to find in census records.

Debra  :D

Offline Afol 123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 19 December 21 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Bob, his father was Thomas Woodward  and his mother Freda Jones, both Pontypridd.

Birth

WOODWARD, Thomas John
Mother's maiden surname: GANE     
GRO Reference: 1910  J Quarter in PONTYPRIDD  Volume 11A  Page 674

Marriage
Dec 1896

GANE, Annie        
WOODWARD,  James
Pontypridd
11a   820   

1911 census

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XW6B-CZB

James born Snowshill, Gloucestershire, Annie born Box, Wiltshire.  James' father Richard was also born in Snowshill, and Richard's father William was born in Sweatley, Oxfordshire c1784.  No idea where 'Sweatley' is.  They are all quite easy to find in census records.

Debra  :D
I already knew all of these names the maiden  name Tom could not confirm was Alice's I have a near complete family tree for the woodward side  which is the side I am from there are also a few descendants of the woodward side living in Worcestershire I currently live in Gloucestershire mainly but I have connections to Worcestershire and Herefordshire there are also a fair members of the woodward side living in stourbridge area if this helps