Author Topic: BEER family  (Read 18038 times)

Offline selena by the sea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BEER family
« Reply #9 on: Friday 29 September 06 14:08 BST (UK) »
i dont suppose my william beer b.1840 from backland brewer? devon is connected to yours.in 1871 he is a carpenter living in britain ferry
freeman,watts,huntley,james,grinter,beer,sweet,hore,deacon,griffiths

Offline leaf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 October 06 14:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Selena,

There could be a connection as the Beers did have lots of offspring, but I am not aware of one as yet.

I'm still no further forward with the Beers than my last post on here  ::)

leaf
ALLCOCK Herefordshire, ANDERSON Morayshire, BEER Devon, BLOODWORTH Glous. BROWN Devon, BUCHANAN Stirlingshire,  COUCH Devon, DOUGERAY/DOUGEREY Scotland, EDMUNDS Wilts. EVANS Caernarvon, FRY Wilts. FRASER Nairnshire, HINDHAUGH Northumberland/Durham, JENKINS Herefordshire, McCORMACK Lanarkshire, McDONALD Lanarkshire, McPHERSON West Lothian, MILES Wilts. MOFFATT Lanarkshire, MORRISON Stirlingshire, REVEL Devon, SMITH Herefordshire, SUTHERLAND Morayshire, TAYLOR Wilts. WILLIAMS Glamorgan

Offline Strattonred

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 October 06 15:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Selena,

I have a William Beer born in 1839 in Buckland Brewer, in my family tree, his parents are William Beer born c.1812 and Hannah born about 1811.
Their children are:
Mary born 1837 (my ancestor)
William born 1839
Maria born 1840
Robert born 1844
and Charlotte born 1850

Does this sound like the same family you have?

Nathan

Offline suzi wong

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 25 January 07 15:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello...this is my first post here..please excuse me if I get it wrong.  I want to reply to "leaf".  The Richard Beer she/he has born Holbeton 1805 is my 3x great grandfather.  I have info from the censuses and certificates too for his son Richard, and I am very keen to get together with "leaf".
I am aware of Montgomery, Smith and Sutherland connections..also White and Gibb.  I am inclined to think Richard senior married Jane Lethbridge but have no confirmation of that.  Please get back to me via rootschat.

Suzi Wong

Offline leaf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 26 January 07 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello Suzi,

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

It's good to find another person with a connection to Richard Beer.  I look forward to exchanging information.

leaf
ALLCOCK Herefordshire, ANDERSON Morayshire, BEER Devon, BLOODWORTH Glous. BROWN Devon, BUCHANAN Stirlingshire,  COUCH Devon, DOUGERAY/DOUGEREY Scotland, EDMUNDS Wilts. EVANS Caernarvon, FRY Wilts. FRASER Nairnshire, HINDHAUGH Northumberland/Durham, JENKINS Herefordshire, McCORMACK Lanarkshire, McDONALD Lanarkshire, McPHERSON West Lothian, MILES Wilts. MOFFATT Lanarkshire, MORRISON Stirlingshire, REVEL Devon, SMITH Herefordshire, SUTHERLAND Morayshire, TAYLOR Wilts. WILLIAMS Glamorgan

Offline suzi wong

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 26 January 07 12:32 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon,

I've been working very hard on my Beer family.  Richard born 1834 married Mary Ann Piper of Wisborough Green, Sussex...I have them married in Ipswich and living at Oxford, Aldershot, Plumstead and Dartford through the censuses.  Their yongest daughter Melissa Maud was deaf and dumb from age 3 and ended up in Dartord Union workhouse where my grandfather Joseph was born....he then added an E to the end of the name...which confused us for a while!!

Suzi

Offline leaf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 26 January 07 12:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Suzi,

I have got information for Richard Senior's parents and Grandparents also.  If you haven't already got this.

Leaf

Offline bizzy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 20 July 07 16:12 BST (UK) »
Hi
I'm a direct descendant of Thomas Beer born 1810 Holberton, he was the younger brother of Richard born 1805, their father was John Beer, mother was Mary Revel all born Holberton.  Thomas and some of his siblings moved to Bigbury, Devon, others to Devonport/Plymouth area.  My family tree is on GenesReunited site, let me know if you want a look at it, or I could copy some data for this site.  Look forward to hearing from you.  My email address is
MODERATOR COMMENT: email address removed to avoid spam and other abuses. Please use personal message system to share email addresses and other personal details. Thank You
Regards, Ruth
Beer, Beare - Bigbury & Truro, Jennings - Illogan & Camborne, Dunn - Penzance,  Allen - Northam & Marylebone, Davis - Holt, Pearson- Crook & Darlington & Sunderland, Gillinder - Scarborough, Royal Enfield.

Offline leaf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 20 July 07 21:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruth,

That's great news to have another person with a connection.  I'll be in touch.

Leaf