Author Topic: Problems with Familyrelatives.org? anyone suggest how to get them to answer !  (Read 807 times)

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Anyone experiencing problems with the above site, I've used them before and found the service good. But last week I noticed I was being charge twice for the same search on 4 separate searches! I sent an email but to date have had no reply.  How disappointing.
Today I've just carried out another search and received the wrong information! wrong page number is stated, I ran out of units so viewed the page on Ancestry it's clearly a different number altogether.
Searched for Elizabeth Carpenter marriage, 1901-1920
found
1908 Merthy Tydfil Sept, 11a, page number is given as 1889 on family relatives but on Ancestry the image says 1383 am I going slowly (probably quickly) round the bend?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suttontrust

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Familyrelatives.org? anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 June 06 22:22 BST (UK) »
I had the same trouble the last time I tried to use it, a few months ago.  I also didn't get a reply to my emailed complaint.  I got an email this week saying that they'd revamped the site, I think, but it obviously hasn't helped.
Godden in East Sussex, mainly Hastings area.
Richards in Lea, Gloucestershire, then London.
Williamson in Leith, Vickers in Nottingham.
Webb in Bildeston and Colchester.
Wesbroom in Kirby le Soken.
Ellington in Harwich.
Park, Palmer, Segar and Peartree in Kersey.

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Familyrelatives.org? anyone else?
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 June 06 06:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks Suttontrust, I still haven't had a reply, I'm not too impressed with their service,  duplicate charging is just not acceptable, as is not replying to their customer complaints, I shall think twice before using them again.
But at least I know it isn't just me!

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Familyrelatives.org? anyone suggest how to get them to answer !
« Reply #3 on: Monday 26 June 06 07:07 BST (UK) »
I still haven't had a reply! anyone suggest anything? I'm loathe to spend any more money with a website that clearly doesn't value customer service.
thanks, thats my whinge for the day  ! I feel better now.