Author Topic: Cornwall Look Up request  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Barlowclan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Cornwall Look Up request
« on: Thursday 15 June 06 18:27 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
I was wondering if someone could help me with looking up some info for me. I am descended from the James/ Wingfield line and have some gaps I would love to fill in. Here is the info I have:
John James married Elizabeth Wingfield February 6th 1797 Saint Hilary, Cornwall.
John James was christened February16th 1774 Saint Hilary, Cornwall.
Their son John Wingfield James was christened February 17th 1800 Saint Hilary, Cornwall.
I am wondering if someone could help me find Elizabeth Wingfield, where and when she was born/christened. Her parents names. And any other offspring that Elizabeth and John James had. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Warm Regards
Wendy B.
Barlow Ireland, Liverpool Australia, Canavan, Gibson Scotland, London, Australia, James, Tweedie Carlyle, Dobney, Lovie Banff, Australia, Brownhill, Maddern, Lawrey, Ely, Poulter

Offline tab

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Cornwall Look Up request
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 August 06 17:12 BST (UK) »
Hi, can not find anything on Elizabeth Wingfield, but found another child Mary James chr 15 Sep 1801 St. Hilary. Terry
Brewer/ all Cornwall Warren/Trathen/Stratten/Dymond/Harvey/Fry/Murley/Rowe/Eddy/Nicholas/Casley Penwith Cornwall
Gurling/London+all my other London lines
Bouvier/London/France

Offline Barlowclan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 August 06 18:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks Terry,
Are the parents names listed? I do not have Mary on my family tree and would like to verify that she is a sibling of my John James.
Cheers
Wendy B.
Barlow Ireland, Liverpool Australia, Canavan, Gibson Scotland, London, Australia, James, Tweedie Carlyle, Dobney, Lovie Banff, Australia, Brownhill, Maddern, Lawrey, Ely, Poulter

Offline tab

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 August 06 21:35 BST (UK) »
parents listed as John James and Elizabeth can not find any other John James & Elizabeth in St. Hilary area in this time period. Have you found this family 1841 census to see if Elizabeth Wingfield and her family may moved back to where she came from. Terry
Brewer/ all Cornwall Warren/Trathen/Stratten/Dymond/Harvey/Fry/Murley/Rowe/Eddy/Nicholas/Casley Penwith Cornwall
Gurling/London+all my other London lines
Bouvier/London/France

Offline Barlowclan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 11 August 06 23:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks Terry,
I haven't found them in the 1841 census. This is information that my fathers cousin gave me from the family bible:
Elizabeth's parents were George Wingfield and Mary Barkas, they married at Whitburn, Durham 1765. Their children were:
William who became William Wingfield Baker by special license and became MP for Bodman 1813.
George who assumed his Uncle's name Sparrow and was a captain in the 7th Hussar.
Eliza my direct line who married John James Esq.
Mary who married Reverend John Basset of Dorset.
I am assuming that the Mary that you found is the sibling of my Eliza. Thanks for that information.
Warm Regards
Wendy B.