Author Topic: Janet Clarkinson  (Read 13391 times)

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Janet Clarkinson
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 10 December 06 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Gadger,
Ive had another look at familysearch org and wonder whether Jannet Clerkson b14 Aug 1790 at Currie, Midlothian might fit the bill? Currie doesn't seem to be that far from Haddington if one was visiting in those days-what do you think?
CR
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 10 December 06 14:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi CR

I did mention this one in an early posting:

The IGI has a number of Janet Clark(in)son's around that date (these records are fairly complete if they are on-line). The nearest to the date you suggest is:

Batch C119467

Birth 5 February 1796, Glasgow, Lanarkshire to William Clarkson and Janet McLimont

It's a bit far from East Lothian though - have a look at the others that come up with a 1796 +/- 2 or 5

nearer geographically to Haddington are:

14 August 1790, Currie, Midlothian - batch C116825

and

4 March 1792, Selkirk - batch C117785

All Janet Clarkson

The name is slightly different but not so far out, as it depended how they were recorded in the old records. There are no  Janet Clarkinsons

My concern is the parents' names - George and Elizabeth.

You said that the first child was born 1815. Could you give me the list of their children's names in birth order please?

Also, do you have them on the 1851?

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 10 December 06 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi again CR

I've just had a look on SP as FSearch doesn't have the bpts. The first four children are as follows:

26 Dec 1815 James
28 Jan 1817 Elizabeth
9 March 1818 George
10 Nov 1820 Robert

I think the Currie Jannet Clerkson looks very likely now. It fits with the naming convention  :D :D :D :D :D

The parents were Robert Henderson and Janet Clarkson.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 10 December 06 14:43 GMT (UK) »
On the 1851, there is a Robert Henderson, widr, 62, living at Welch or Meikle Place (very smudgey page), Haddington as a boarder, occupation pensioner, born Edinburgh. GROS REf - 709 - 12 - 1

Gadget

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 10 December 06 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gadget,
Robert Henderson died in Maresfield, Sussex in 1855, aged 63. It seems he and Janet went south and were on the 1841/51 England census with the 4 youngest daughters, one at lease of whom, Allison stayed and married there, Marion had a child, Mary there but no mention of a husband, they moved back to Haddington and Marion died there in 1900. My gg grandfather, George b1818 moved south and married in 1850 in Brighton area. Where his other brothers and sisters went I cannot find out......maybe they died or emigrated?
I'm glad that we agree on Currie for Janet.
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.