Author Topic: Burials in Radford Nottinghamshire  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
Burials in Radford Nottinghamshire
« on: Saturday 17 June 06 16:25 BST (UK) »
Hi There

My GGG Grandfather William Richards (1820-1890) and my GGG Grandma Eliza Richards (nee Brooks) 1822-1891 resided in Radford Notts from 1881 onwards and Snenton Notts before then.

Can anyone tell me burial grounds in this area or point me in the direction of a website that may help?

Cheers
Jan :D
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Burials in Radford Nottinghamshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 June 06 18:59 BST (UK) »
Hi

This will be under Nottingham City Council:

http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/sitemap/community_and_living/life_events/deaths/cemeteries.htm

Along with the list of cemeteries open and closed there are references to historical information. I could not see your ggg grandparents listed on the NFHS CD so maybe they were buried at one of the council cemeteries because Radford was closed, no entries for Radford St Peters after 1830s.

I have contacted several cemetery officers in the past. If you contact the one at the city council they may locate the grave for you.

Good luck

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk