Author Topic: Help re a birth  (Read 976 times)

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Help re a birth
« on: Wednesday 21 June 06 10:06 BST (UK) »
I have on the 1861 census in England a child Emily Noble (B) 1863 Ireland, so do not know which county, also I am looking for the Father James Noble (B) 1830 Southwark Surrey England a hawker? cannot find him on the 1851 census in England I am wondering if he was in Ireland then did Ireland have census in 1851?
Jeffery Kent Moors Kent/Mddx. Gulley Mddx Bennett Southwark/Devon  Hart Cobham Surrey/Brighton
Bubb Berks/Bucks  Jeffs/Staffs  Baines/Notts  Lambert/Lincs  West/Spinks & Dey-Dye/Norfolk Morrish/Stoke Newington Mddx. Lovell/ Hackney,Shoreditch Blackshaw Clerkenwell/Rotherhithe,. Day& Downer I.O.W. Harknett Essex. Gulley Westminster. Sealey Norfolk. Newling Cambridge/Essex/Herts. Hughes Aldershot/South London. Hartgroves Essex.

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help re a birth
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 June 06 11:26 BST (UK) »
nearest I can get

Emily Noble  19/11/1870 at 63 Ely Fermanagh
father James Noble
mother Ellenor Porteus

audrey

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my mum Gemma Doyle 1950s
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 June 06 12:08 BST (UK) »
I have on the 1861 census in England a child Emily Noble (B) 1863 Ireland, so do not know which county, also I am looking for the Father James Noble (B) 1830 Southwark Surrey England a hawker? cannot find him on the 1851 census in England I am wondering if he was in Ireland then did Ireland have census in 1851?

Hi moors i think you have made a mistake in the year of census or the year of birth for Emily? did you mean the 1771 census and she was born in 1863 ?
 or was it the 1861 census and she was born in 1853?
the census over here in Ireland got burned and stuff and the only complete census is 1901 and 1911.

colette
Doyle, Mullan, Mulholland, O'Neill, McCann, Lowry, Mullen, Forsythe, Magilton, Farnan.  Banbridge Co Down , Belfast Co Antrim and Dungannon Co Tyrone .

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 June 06 09:55 BST (UK) »
Yes I did type the wrong year  I meant 1871 census, Emily (B) 1863, she suddenly appears on this census in Southwark, then disappears. It is James Noble her Father I have been trying to locate as I cannot find his (M) to Elizabeth Pell, and when I saw this reference to Ireland I thought perhaps he had gone to Ireland to (M) ?? also I cannot find him on the 1851 census in England, he was a hawker, and has been in Brighton, Newcastle on Tyne and Southwark on other census. The problem with getting an O.A.P the brain does not seem to always type what one is thinking. Ann
Jeffery Kent Moors Kent/Mddx. Gulley Mddx Bennett Southwark/Devon  Hart Cobham Surrey/Brighton
Bubb Berks/Bucks  Jeffs/Staffs  Baines/Notts  Lambert/Lincs  West/Spinks & Dey-Dye/Norfolk Morrish/Stoke Newington Mddx. Lovell/ Hackney,Shoreditch Blackshaw Clerkenwell/Rotherhithe,. Day& Downer I.O.W. Harknett Essex. Gulley Westminster. Sealey Norfolk. Newling Cambridge/Essex/Herts. Hughes Aldershot/South London. Hartgroves Essex.